Kernel Panics Every Day!

mn07

5 posts in this topic

I get a Kernel Panic every day after running my computer for about two hours. Then is starts to kernel panic after that more frequently.

I am running the lifehacker build to the letter with Stella v3 and Chameleon RC3 and the newest Snow Leopard. Here is a shot of the kernel panic when I boot debug=0x100.

post-655480-1284488104_thumb.jpg

I cannot interpret the KP info well enough to get any useful thoughts about a fix from it. Any advice would be wonderful.

Paul

Try booting with maxmem=2048 for a few days and see if the problem persists.

Also try booting in 32-bit mode (arch=i386)

Thanks, I tried booting maxmem and I had no issues with the KP (at least last night). Why would this fix anything? Also, do I need to boot in maxmem everytime, or is the bootflag saved in the boot.plist?

Thanks for the link. That's some great info. I was just about to post because I've been having a similar problem. Every time I left my computer for an extended period, usually more than a few hours, I came back to a locked up system.

The linked post talked about some driver conflicts, so I tried deleting JMicronATA.kext (didn't need it) and haven't had a lock up or KP in about 3 day. Read the post for other effected kexts and some patches if you need them.