Nvidia Drivers

11 posts in this topic

OK well I have installed os x fine, everything works except sound. I have an nvidia geforce 7300 GT, The problem is thew refresh rate is too low so its burning my eyes. Just wondering if there are any drivers for this card? I cant change the resolution in the system prefs and refresh rate says N/A.

Anyhelp would be nice :D:D

macvidia.starchaser.org

doesn't seem like its working right now so get the drivers from http://sourceforge.net/projects/macvidia/

just a note for the future, this has been covered at least 134,234,230.320498234 times in this forum. So just do a quick search and you'll usually find an answer to a problem you're having.

Just saving you from the cranky posters ;)

Well after instaling them I got the message showing your mac has a problem and you must shut down. This happens whenever you try to load os x :) Should have mentioned this before

"Should have mentioned this before" - does that mean that it was crashing BEFORE you installed the Macvidia drivers?

As soon as you boot into OSX and the screen goes black, start tapping the F8 key. When you get a prompt, type in -v and hit Enter. Tell us what (several lines) the text says right before it crashes.

Pressing F8 and entering a -v will display some error messages. If the problem is simple like forgetting to fix permissions, you could be up and running without removing the new drivers.

Otherwise, if you are comfortable with the command line, boot up the OSX install DVD. When the first screen appears, go to the Utilities menu and select Terminal. Then you can issue appropriate commands to remove the new driver. Those commands are probably on this board somewhere, if you search, or in the forum at Macvidia.

NV: found nvidia video card register hal done

NV analogue on output A yes

NV analogue on output B no

Nv: CRTC appears to have a crt attached

nv: using crt on crtc 0

yukonosx: ethernet address (lists mac address)

then it loads aiport driver, says it cannot find one and then dies

So, it might be an airport problem and not a Macvidia problem. It is probably a good idea to repair permissions anyway. Boot up the OSX install DVD. When the first screen appears, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility. Select your OSX partition on the left side and click on repair permissions on the right side. Note whether it says it found any problems and fixed them.