[SOLVED] Reboot at "Starting Darwin x86_64" tried Vanilla 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 Kernel and busratio=20 doesn't help

TheEther

10 posts in this topic

I completed a successful install iATKOS S3 V2 on my HP 8540w. No issues during the install. To get the installer to work however, I had to add one boot option in Chameleon which was "busratio=20". I didn't need cpus=1 or anything else for that matter. Without adding the busratio argument, I'd get instant reboots during the install initialization also.

After the install completes and a chameleon reboot into OS X I get immediate reboots. I've tried "-v -x cpus=1 busratio=20". This results in about 10 pages of KEXT loads scrolling by then a reboot at loading Darwin x86_64. I've tried all busratio combinations between 1-35. I've posted a screenshot of what I see when I do a "-v busratio=20". My CPU is apparently supposed to use busratio 20.

post-263358-1283970221_thumb.png

I've tried replacing the kernel with the 10.6.3 Kernel installed by iATKOS with the Vanilla 10.6.4 Kernel but to no effect.

A bit about my hardware, it's a HP Laptop with a Core i7 620m CPU and a Nvidia Quadro FX 880M with CUDA. My understanding is generally if one can complete an install, OS X "should" run. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why it wont though..

Suggestions? :P

Thanks!

I completed a successful install iATKOS S3 V2 on my HP 8540w. No issues during the install. To get the installer to work however, I had to add one boot option in Chameleon which was "busratio=20". I didn't need cpus=1 or anything else for that matter. Without adding the busratio argument, I'd get instant reboots during the install initialization also.

After the install completes and a chameleon reboot into OS X I get immediate reboots. I've tried "-v -x cpus=1 busratio=20". This results in about 10 pages of KEXT loads scrolling by then a reboot at loading Darwin x86_64. I've tried all busratio combinations between 1-35. I've posted a screenshot of what I see when I do a "-v busratio=20". My CPU is apparently supposed to use busratio 20.

post-263358-1283970221_thumb.png

I've tried replacing the kernel with the 10.6.3 Kernel installed by iATKOS with the Vanilla 10.6.4 Kernel but to no effect.

A bit about my hardware, it's a HP Laptop with a Core i7 620m CPU and a Nvidia Quadro FX 880M with CUDA. My understanding is generally if one can complete an install, OS X "should" run. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding why it wont though..

Suggestions? :P

Thanks!

I had the exact same problem. When installing, you need to select the modified kernel qpooz 10.3.0. Then after install, typing busratio=20 should boot the system for you.

I had the exact same problem. When installing, you need to select the modified kernel qpooz 10.3.0. Then after install, typing busratio=20 should boot the system for you.

Awesome and DUH! I should have considered running qoopz, but it worked for sure! Thanks! Unfortunately, X doesnt see my USB at all, so I'm trying to work that out now.. Other than that.. I'm pretty happy to have it running.. Thanks Again!

Awesome and DUH! I should have considered running qoopz, but it worked for sure! Thanks! Unfortunately, X doesnt see my USB at all, so I'm trying to work that out now.. Other than that.. I'm pretty happy to have it running.. Thanks Again!

No problem, i'm here to help ;) (cant say the same about most members around here though...)

Trackpad and touch stick now work. I ran the IOUSB fix and newest experimental voodoo ps/2 kext from the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] package (which is what fixed it I believe). I'm also running qoopz 10.4.0 kernel as this laptop will not run the Vanilla kernel very well.

USB is fixed too... I ran the attached kext and USB is working like a champ. The Onboard Camera also works in Photo Booth. The three USB ports on the left of the laptop work at USB 2.0 speed. The 2 USB 3 ports do not work (as expected). I also have onboard ethernet working. Wireless will probably remain a lost cause, time to get a USB wireless that's compatible.

For Reference..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...;p=39647#p39647

• 1 month later...

I cant get the touchpad to work on elitebook 8540w... please help!

I'm installing iATKOS S3 v2 with:

build in ethernet

usb bus fix

qoopz 10.3

USB

voodoo ps2

laptophardware

nv enabler

wirred intel

---- when OSX comes on, I do not have touchpad or usb ports working! hence no mouse!

via keyboard I do a macosxupdate 10.6.4 with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ticking:

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

system utilities

voodoo HDA 2.7.0

NV Enabler

Network intel

mac pro i5 (I have an i540)

tried with/without IOUSBfamilly 10.6.2 rollback

tried with/without Voodoo PS2 controller

installed also your attached IOPCIFamilly... nothing changed.

tried to download to latest voodoops2controller 0.98 but when installing it I get an error that it did not install correctly... tried deleting related kext from both system/library/extension and /extra/extensions but still will not install..

I also tried annappirtvh v4 (qoopz 4) latest legacy kernel ...

In total I have done more than 20 installs of OSX in the last 1 week!

(at the end I started taking partition backups, which helped abit, even though I dont get the same behaviour when restoring working partitions... maybe its related to kext cache)

Anyway, bottomline is that some of the above combinations end with USB ports working!

Some display on boot, that "synaptics touchpad" is loaded..

But I have NEVER seen the touchpad working!

So PLEASEE.. can you give me details instructions on what's needed to have both USB and touchpad working! :-)

Thanks allot!

Manolis

Trackpad and touch stick now work. I ran the IOUSB fix and newest experimental voodoo ps/2 kext from the latest [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] package (which is what fixed it I believe). I'm also running qoopz 10.4.0 kernel as this laptop will not run the Vanilla kernel very well.

USB is fixed too... I ran the attached kext and USB is working like a champ. The Onboard Camera also works in Photo Booth. The three USB ports on the left of the laptop work at USB 2.0 speed. The 2 USB 3 ports do not work (as expected). I also have onboard ethernet working. Wireless will probably remain a lost cause, time to get a USB wireless that's compatible.

For Reference..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=...;p=39647#p39647

• 1 month later...

Hi does Sound work for you? what did you install for sound? My usb 3 ports work with the intregrated patch of [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but my usb 2 ports on the left dont work. I have the 8540w with Quadro FX 1800w and Dreamcolor Display (10bit) still no working graphics (display turns off after enabling graphics)