Advertisement
2 hours ago, vector sigma said:

What does -f?

boot with -f, load kernel and kexts.

boot without -f, load prelinkedkernel.

Just now, crazybirdy said:

boot with -f, load kernel and kexts.

boot without -f, load prelinkedkernel.

You just found out why cannot found '_PrelinkInfoDictionary'. If you run the kernel '_PrelinkInfoDictionary' surely can't be there. So I suppose is just a cosmetics issue and you should just silent the message when -f is given. I guess.

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

You just found out why cannot found '_PrelinkInfoDictionary'. If you run the kernel '_PrelinkInfoDictionary' surely can't be there. So I suppose is just a cosmetics issue and you should just silent the message when -f is given. I guess.

No,

boot without -f, load prelinkedkernel, it found _PrelinkInfoDictionary as normal, and run the kexts patcher.

boot with -f, load kernel and kexts, it "Unable to find the _PrelinkInfoDictionary, kexts patcher skipped.Kexts patcher: end!.", but still run the kexts patcher after load /System/Library/Extensions.

I mean, "Unable to find the _PrelinkInfoDictionary, kexts patcher skipped.Kexts patcher: end!." is not the issue.

The problem is i386/libsaio/binaryPatcher.c issue as above.

It can't patch with correct "Find" and "Replace".

5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Can I take a look at this file?

divers.c

for boot with -f, load kernel and kexts,

run the kexts patcher (line 1027) pach_binaryUsingDictionary(executableAddr, (UInt32)length, 0, fileName, KextsPatches);

after load /System/Library/Extensions (line 316).

kernel_patcher_internal.c

for boot without -f, load prelinkedkernel,

run the kexts patcher pach_binaryUsingDictionary (line 1958)

binaryPatcher.c

pach_binaryUsingDictionary

TagPtr FindPtr    = XMLGetProperty(index, (const char*)"Find");
TagPtr ReplacePtr = XMLGetProperty(index, (const char*)"Replace");

10126-bdmesg+code.zip :)

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/branches/ErmaC/Enoch/i386/boot2/kernel_patcher_internal.c

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/branches/ErmaC/Enoch/i386/boot2/drivers.c

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/branches/ErmaC/Enoch/i386/libsaio/binaryPatcher.c

46 minutes ago, crazybirdy said:

boot with -f, load kernel and kexts, it "Unable to find the _PrelinkInfoDictionary, kexts patcher skipped.Kexts patcher: end!.", but still run the kexts patcher after load /System/Library/Extensions.

It's clear that with -f it patch loaded kexts from SLE, why I said it's normal that cannot found the _PrelinkInfoDictionary.

About this error instead:  

User Error, Find is bigger than the hole data, patch skipped

I'm worried about "sizeof(FindPtr->data)" and comparing to dataLen. I suspect sizeof(FindPtr->data) produces different result you expected.

5 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

It's clear that with -f it patch loaded kexts from SLE, why I said it's normal that cannot found the _PrelinkInfoDictionary.

About this error instead:  

User Error, Find is bigger than the hole data, patch skipped

I'm worried about "sizeof(FindPtr->data)" and comparing to dataLen. I suspect sizeof(FindPtr->data) produces different result you expected.

That's maybe the issue, but we should focus on only one condition.

boot without -f, load prelinkedkernel,

The kext patcher didn't work right.

But I don't know how to fix it.:(