ErmaC

Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

4,313 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, AuralArchitect said:

Perhaps an additional download link of Enoch should be included in this thread for version 2889 specifying it for use on 10.11 and lower (in order to boot with verbose messages)?   That seems reasonable, and I think anyone trying to install the older versions of OS X (for whatever reason) would find that extremely helpful.

Too many versions.........since..

You may try to compile Enoch by yourself, quite easy.

1. Install Xcode.

2. compile Enoch with any version you want.

svn co -r 2907 http://forge.voodooprojects.org/svn/chameleon/branches/ErmaC/Enoch
cd Enoch
make pkg

done.

Find boot here.

Enoch/sym/i386/boot

Enoch/sym/Enoch-rev.2907.pkg

Advertisement

So I did some experiments yesterday evening.

On my side:

- Official 2889 binaries works

- Official 2902 binaries does not.

I first suspect that it was related to the changes that I did for supporting the firmwarefeatures block (required for booting High Sierra)...

But, when compiling any version (even the last trunk state) myself using Xcode 9.4, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

================= Making all in libsa =================
	[MKDIR] /Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/obj/i386/libsa
	[CC] prf.c
	[CC] printf.c
	[CC] zalloc.c
	[CC] string.c
	[CC] strtol.c
	[CC] error.c
	[AS] setjmp.s
	[CC] qsort.c
In file included from qsort.c:59:
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:99:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
#if !__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG
     ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:473:32: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
#define __DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG   (defined(__STRICT_ANSI__) \
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:99:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:475:9: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:151:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:473:32: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:151:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/sys/cdefs.h:475:9: note: expanded from macro '__DARWIN_NO_LONG_LONG'
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:164:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:164:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:184:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:184:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:190:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     ^
                                 ^
/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/i386/include/stdlib.h:190:6: error: macro expansion producing 'defined' has undefined behavior [-Werror,-Wexpansion-to-defined]
                                && !defined(__GNUG__))
                                    ^
10 errors generated.
make[3]: *** [/Users/imac/Desktop/Enoch/obj/i386/libsa/qsort.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Anyone knows how to solve the error with 10.13.6, Xcode 9.4.1, Enoch 2907 compiling things?

8 hours ago, crazybirdy said:

Anyone knows how to solve the error with 10.13.6, Xcode 9.4.1, Enoch 2907 compiling things?

Make.rules add to CFLAGS -Wno-expansion-to-defined

CFLAGS = $(CONFIG_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL) -g -Wmost -Werror

to:

CFLAGS = $(CONFIG_OPTIMIZATION_LEVEL) -g -Wmost -Werror -Wno-expansion-to-defined

credits and info: https://github.com/darlinghq/darling/issues/204

ErmaC

13 hours ago, ErmaC said:

Make.rules add to CFLAGS -Wno-expansion-to-defined

Thanks. :yes:

KernelBooter_kexts
    KernelPm
    KernelLapicError
    KernelLapicVersion

These kernel patchers were updated to boot Mojave HFS+j partition fine here, installed with Mojave MBR HFS Firmware Check Patch cause of Mojave can only install as APFS with createinstallmedia method.

FYI.

Enoch2909boot+diff.zip

Enoch (r2909) [2018-07-16 07:12:35]
Logging started: 2018/07/15, 23:17:31
[ CPU INFO ]

Attempting to scan GPT boot volumes [biosdev=80h]:
	Attempting to scan FDISK boot volumes [biosdev=80h]:
Boot UUID of 'Mac1014db3'  (): 938D94D1-8043-3320-8E44-5624EBC06C6C
Kernel Cache ignored.
Loading kernel from: 'Mac1014db3' ()
Booting on macOS 10.14 (18A326h)

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Custom Configuration).
CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 (101100111)

Configuration:
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Task for PID: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
Apple Internal: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled
Device configuration: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

[ KERNEL PATCHER START ]

Will patch for 18.0.0 kernel version compatible.

KernelBooter_kexts state:  enabled!
	KernelPm           state:  enabled!
	KernelLapicError   state:  enabled!
	KernelLapicVersion state:  enabled!
	KernelHaswell      state:  enabled!
	KernelcpuFamily    state:  enabled!
	KernelSSE3         state:  enabled!
	- Searching for booter extensions pattern:
	Found High Sierra, Mojave SIP pattern: patched!
	Found Mojave EXT pattern: patched!
	2 substitution(s) made.
	- Looking for Lapic panic call Start
	Found Mojave Lapic panic at 0x002D9CFC
	Lapic Error call removed.
	- Looking for Lapic Version panic call Start
	Found High Sierra Lapic Version panic at 0x002D8680
	Lapic Version call removed.
	- Patching kernel power management...
	Kernel power management patch 10.1x(data2) found and patched
	Kernel power management patch 10.12 DP1 found and patched
	Power Managment patch applied.
	No Haswell-ULT/-E Kernel patch applied for this CPU.
	- Looking for _cpuid_set_info _panic ...
	- will patch kernel for OSX 10.14 (from 10.7.4 and newer)
	switch statement patch location is 0x002BC4E8
	cpuid_family address: 0x00C471A0
	cpuid_model address: 0x00C4704D
	family mask: 0x0098ACA9 
	model mask: 0x0098AB4C

Kernel patcher: end!
Edited by crazybirdy

Updated a new version (2921) see download topic  -->

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Changelog:

- CsrConfig verbose display cosmetic change (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Recovery and Installer improvements (Credits to Micky1979)

- Added device-colors and CFBundleIdentifier (Credits to Pike R. Alpha)

- SMBIOS update (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Updated embedded FakeSMC and fix memory leak when FakeSMC Info plist is corrupted (Credits to MinusZwei)

- Fix for a regression affecting all OS X releases prior to 10.12 (Credits to MinusZwei)

- improvements (credits to: Micky1979)

- UUID NTFS rework and improvements (credits to: deek5)

- kernel patchers updated to boot Mojave (credits to: CrazyBirdy)

- Added Mojave Icons detection.

- Added Mojave Icons for default theme (Courtesy of BlackOsx)

Coming soon APFS support (Credits to MinusZwei) see topic here

On 6/10/2018 at 10:48 PM, AuralArchitect said:

I'm struggling to get El Capitan installed/working consistently.

The most frustrating aspect of this is that VERBOSE booting in Enoch seems to have been removed or is broken.  Any word on that?  Why?  This doesn't make any sense to me.

At first I thought it was El Capitan that had removed support for verbose booting..  Then I started seeing people posting screenshots of El Capitan booting with verbose messages.  I was confused, I still thought it must be some other setting over-riding it or somehow preventing it or something.  Now I've discovered that others are experiencing the same things with Enoch so at least my mystery is solved.  But what I don't understand is how/why this happened, and even more so:   why it hasn't been fixed?!

It looks like someone has figured out when the problem started so I'll be able to install an earlier version and get back to diagnosing my problems with El Capitan without having having to reboot into another OS just to be able to look at the logs since I can't see those messages as it's booting.

El Capitan has quickly proved to be the most problematic version of MacOS to get working since my first hackintosh installing Leopard!

Newer version should fix your verbose issues...

I have drafted a fix that I tested with Mavericks installer.

Could you please give it a try and let me know if this is also working properly at your end ?

8 hours ago, ellaosx said:

what changed in v2922?

Update: oh my bad.. APFS :D

APFS is not (yet) inside the official build: I am still cleaning the code, so I told ErmaC to wait until I give him the green light.

However, if you are interested, you can follow the specific topic where the "unstable" Enoch versions with APFS support are posted.

Thanks for Enoch r2921, booting macOS 10.14.1 Beta just fine on my Asus laptop with 2nd Gen CPU + Nvidia GF119.

Oh yeah, I just realized it has embedded FakeSMC already.. so I previously got kernel panic when by mistake; placed VirtualSMC.kext on /E/E (I think).

Enoch-r2921.png

Edited by Badruzeus

15 minutes ago, theconnactic said:

It’s great to see good old Chameleon’s still raging on!

Anyway, I lost my 2 preinstalled OSes upon Enoch boot; they are Ubuntu & Android x86 (UEFI). But strange is Windows (UEFI) is still there, uhmmb.. do I need to place "grubx64.efi" on USB's ESP (I was booting from this disk) for Linux based, and or do I need specific *.efi driver? Or, Enoch is currently still has no support for UEFI yet. No longer using Chameleon for long time, so.. I hope my quetions are still normal due to my ignorance. 

Edited by Badruzeus

6 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Anyway, I lost my 2 preinstalled OSes upon Enoch boot; they are Ubuntu & Android x86 (UEFI). But strange is Windows (UEFI) is still there, uhmmb.. do I need to place "grubx64.efi" on USB's ESP (I was booting from this disk) for Linux based, and or do I need specific *.efi driver? Or, Enoch is currently still has no support for UEFI yet. No longer using Chameleon for long time, so.. I hope my quetions are still normal due to my ignorance. 

They are not "lost": It is just that Enoch does not recognize them.

I have to look inside the source code, but I would assume that there is support for at least Linux OSes...

Keep in mind that Enoch is completely different from Clover in its behavior:

- Clover uses the EFI binaries to boot an OS (That's why Clover got APFS from scratch, w/o any modification)

- Enoch is faking EFI structures, and does not "understand" .efi files

So, adding .efi files is a "no-op".