ErmaC

Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

4,337 posts in this topic

I've tested r2904 again, for installing hSierra 17A365 via USB FlashDisk to a full erased empty HDD.. all went smooth for 1st stage (Install datas copy), but..

after installer reboot to complete the setup, I was greeted by a famous "Firmware verification error".

I then force re-booting my mach and repeat the 2nd step, now.. with another error about "OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged".

Yes.. I was still using an old MBP10,1 SMBios generated from ChamWiz 4.2. Have a nice day.  :)

Ok, let me make this point clear:

Enoch will not work OOB for installing macOS 10.13:

You will have to add the 2 new keys that I have added to inject the firmware features and mask into the smbios.

Your smbios.plist must contain the following 2 keys, with proper values:

- SMfirmwarefeatures
- SMfirmwarefeaturesmask

(keep in mind that Enoch does not support -yet- hex input, so convert hex values to decimal first)

Enoch is now generating an Apple specific block (type 128) in the emulated SMBIOS that it sends to macOS.

Inside this block, the 2 values passed over smbios.plist will be injected. (If not present, default values will be used, that will most probably not work with 10.13 checks).

The values you pass can be grabbed from Clover source code directly, or from a real mac SMBios (I took mine from a real MacPro5,1 SMBIOS dump).

The values that Clover is using should be inside 'Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/platformdata.c' is I am not mistaken...

Once this is done, the "famous firmware verification error" at stage 2 will be gone (yeah!).

Regarding the OSInstall.mpkg is damaged error, this has usually 2 different origins:

- either you are booting with your own generated kernelcache and it is missing several kexts (From my experience, the /S/L/E in BaseSystem is NOT complete, and is missing several kexts), but this is pretty rare, since normally it is crashing before starting the installer (several kexts dependancies are missing)

- or you exceeded the time limit set in the plist of the 'macOS Install Data' folder (I think Pike blogged about this some month ago)

And last but not least: Don't forget to manually patch the plist files in 'macOS Install Data' folder BEFORE stage 2, otherwise there is a damn high chance that macOS installer will automatically convert the destination partition to APFS, making it invisible for Enoch.

Here SMBIOS

[...]

EDIT ****

I do not know who scored my serial number with XXX 

Please check my post above... I would strongly suggest adding the SMfirmwarefeatures and SMfirmwarefeaturesmask keys.

In your case, the correct values should be 

SMfirmwarefeatures = 0xE00FE137

SMfirmwarefeaturesmask = 0xFF1FFF3F

(again convert it to decimal before putting it in smbios.plist :P )

Advertisement

Please check my post above... I would strongly suggest adding the SMfirmwarefeatures and SMfirmwarefeaturesmask keys.

In your case, the correct values should be 

SMfirmwarefeatures = 0xE00FE137

SMfirmwarefeaturesmask = 0xFF1FFF3F

(again convert it to decimal before putting it in smbios.plist :P )

Thank you @MinusZwei

I forgot your mention SMfirmwarefeatures and the SMfirmwarefeaturesmask 

I will try soon  :)  

EDIT **

what converter i need to use for conversion ?

EDIT **

what converter i need to use for conversion ?

One of the most complicated one that exists called a calculator :)

The firmware features and mask values are mentioned in hexadecimal (base 16) in clover source code, and Enoch is not able to read 0xXXX values.

Therefore you have to convert the hexadecimal value like 0xE00FE137 to its decimal (base 10) value and place this number in your plist file.

For example 0xE00FE137 in hex is 3759137079 in decimal.

One of the most complicated one that exists called a calculator :)

The firmware features and mask values are mentioned in hexadecimal (base 16) in clover source code, and Enoch is not able to read 0xXXX values.

Therefore you have to convert the hexadecimal value like 0xE00FE137 to its decimal (base 10) value and place this number in your plist file.

For example 0xE00FE137 in hex is 3759137079 in decimal.

To do that is easy. Open your plist with a plist editor, make the tag as "Number"... then paste your hex value (e.g. 0xE00FE137). The conversion will be automatic!  ;)

Btw, I am currently preparing a patch for Enoch that will also accept hex values in plist files...

I don't think I am the only one annoyed by having to convert all int values to decimal first  :angel:

However, I first wants to quickly test it before submitting the patch to ErmaC :)

I try again to create Install Media USB Installer  with the hex conversion, (SMBIOS) the only new change is

I am ok for Install but installer crash in progress bar ➤ 21 minutes same thing like @badruzeus

I will try your change @MinusZwei next time 

thanks again, have a nice day  ;)

I try again to create Install Media USB Installer with the hex conversion, (SMBIOS) the only new change is

I am ok for Install but installer crash in progress bar ➤ 21 minutes same thing like @badruzeus

I will try your change @MinusZwei next time

thanks again, have a nice day ;)

Crash issue was on my first test when by mistake I forgot to use nv_disable=1 (gf119 issue since sierra). The 2nd was should to be success if only I added such smbios datas).

Crash issue was on my first test when by mistake I forgot to use nv_disable=1 (gf119 issue since sierra). The 2nd was should to be success if only I added such smbios datas).

here the Logo  :D  :lol:

17101610.png

I don't think I am the only one annoyed by having to convert all int values to decimal first  :angel:

However, I first wants to quickly test it before submitting the patch

Here we go with a compiled binary with your patch for TEST purpose

--> boot_Test_MinusZwei.zip

ErmaC

Try and re-install latest published version of Enoch on the primary/first disk partition. Normally, it's the one from which the bootloader kicks in.

Legacy Enoch r2905 successfully boots my HFS+ 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c), thanks @ErmaC.  :)

I have a question:

I full erased an USB FlashDisk using GUID - HFS+ to be used for bootloader only (with Enoch as a name). On install wizard, I select it as target volume but "Install in the ESP" option is checked. Is it normal that "boot" binary && /Extra folder placed on "Enoch" partition instead of ESP (EFI)..? TIA.

Enoch_r2905_a43sj.txt.zip

Chameleon_Installer_Log.txt

You'd find older Enoch version r2848 boots 10.13, 10.13.1 or 10.13.2 beta without issues too. It's the installation of High Sierra that Enoch does not support yet...

As for installing Enoch, I run all my systems in BIOS Legacy mode and always install Enoch on the 1st partition of the disk as shown below:

post-851564-0-10906000-1509804379_thumb.png

Hi,

I can boot all my OSx from 10.6 to 10.13 with Enoch 2725 ...

The issue is that to install High Sierra i have used Clover Install USB instead of Enoch ...

It's just what I did. Actually Enoch 2905 boots it perfectly but I have crashes on browsers an mail. But this is offtopic. BTW I didn' t install Enoch or Extra folder on the High Sierra HD. I boot from the main HD with Sierra and Enoch 2905.

I guess it needs new developments...

At present, I've found no other solution than a Clover USB key to boot the "macOS Install from..." partition & complete fresh High Sierra installations and/or updates... Enoch does not see/show such temporary partitions (in a similar way it cannot boot Recovery partitions).

Once

1. the High Sierra installation and/or update has completed
  2. CoreStorage been reverted
  3. the cache been rebuilt

Enoch can then boot the High Sierra partition again.

I guess it needs new developments...

At present, I've found no other solution than a Clover USB key to boot the "install macOS from..." partition & complete fresh High Sierra installations and/or updates... Enoch does not see/show such temporary partitions (in a similar way it cannot boot Recovery partitions).

Once

• the High Sierra installation and/or update has completed
  • CoreStorage been reverted
  • the cache been rebuilt
Enoch can then boot the High Sierra partition again.

give it a try... (not tested...)

v2905 --> removed

I add the "macOS Install Data" entry into disk.c

ErmaC

'just tried and the "macOS Install from ..." partition is still not seen on 1st reboot for update completion. Main High Sierra partition can't be booted either.

Completed the update through Clover.

'just tried ands the "install macOS from ..." partition is still not seen on 1st reboot for update completion.

same here

Dell Optiplex 790

Enoch (r2904) Works perfectly for macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88)  ;)

Thanks ErmaC

Using ➨➨ chamel10.png

Installing to the EFI Partition

everithigs work, WIFI AUDIO, Network, HWSensors EFI

117.jpg

Chameleon bdmesg Log.txt.zip

'just tried and the "macOS Install from ..." partition is still not seen on 1st reboot for update completion. Main High Sierra partition can't be booted either.

Completed the update through Clover.

I need more investigation then...

sorry...

EDIT: w8... I wrote a stupid typo... (I think... :blush: )

now is...

"macOS%20Install%20Data"

was...

"macOS Install Data"

try now -> boot_v2905_v2.zip

ErmaC