ErmaC

Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

4,344 posts in this topic

Advertisement

hi is this filenvram 1.1.5 work with el capitan and fix imessage login ?

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/FileNVRAM

I guess no...

If you are searching for NVRAM support, then is a solution... but if you are looking for MLB and ROM..then NO; you have to generate both by yourself.

I guess no...

If you are searching for NVRAM support, then is a solution... but if you are looking for MLB and ROM..then NO; you have to generate both by yourself.

please i need a tuto how to generate a MLB and ROM and how to make imessage work ? thanks 

hi is this filenvram 1.1.5 work with el capitan and fix imessage login ?

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/FileNVRAM

No.

Guys,

I ran into an issue that I want to share with you here. If you remove CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION from CSR_VALID_FLAGS and boot with:

bootArgs->flags				|= kBootArgsFlagCSRBoot;
bootArgs->csrActiveConfig		= CSR_VALID_FLAGS;
bootArgs->csrCapabilities		= (kBootArgsFlagLoginUI + kBootArgsFlagInstallUI);
Then the boot (from restored BaseSystem.dmg) fails with a KP in kexd so Apple changed something either in the kernel or in kextd.

Just to let you know ;)

For kextd a differences (in a restored installer) can be that kexts have no owners enabled? Change nothing if you enable it with "vsdbutil -a /your/installer"?

Tomorrow I want to test this. Thanks

Hi,

after all my reading of the posts in the thread I decided to update to 10.11 using Enoch/Chameleon and not Clover.

And guess what? - I ran into a problem.

I think I have done all i can to solve it, but I think it might be related to Enoch/Chameleon, because Clover boots up fine for now.

As you might see in the picture the boot process goes well until DSMOS arrives and nothing more happens.

Using Clover with the same configuration boots fine. same kexts used, but no success.

I can boot into single user mode on commandline, but no graphical screen will show up.

It doesn't matter what commandline switches are used and in which combination (either with or without caches), the boot process stops.

It doesn't even matter if a custom DSDT or SSDT is used or even a custom kext (except for FakeSMC) is installed.

So, are there any suggestions? (please... :wink_anim: )

post-804732-0-88531100-1445667089_thumb.jpg

Seem a graphics card problem (only) your are about to boot..

what's your ig-platform-id? is that correct? ...Clover use it with bytes flipped, you have reverse it?

Seem a graphics card problem (only) your are about to boot..

what's your ig-platform-id? is that correct? ...Clover use it with bytes flipped, you have reverse it?

Hi Micky,

that is what i thought too. But i did not change a thing since 10.10.5. I am still using CapriFB 4 for the mobo and skipped the nvidia detection on boot.

This always functioned until now.

I even tried patching the FramebufferCapri, which is recognized by the system correctly even after booting with clover.

Clover injects the same id (01660004), also ignores the nvidia and boots up fine.

Last thing i know, i could copy over the Capriframebuffer and rest of the files from 10.10.5, but that isn't a solution...

As of writing, I am very close to switching to clover (which i never thought i'll do).

Wait! I think i should post the boot.plist...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BlackMode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableBacklight</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableWifi</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAULayoutID</key>
<string>28000000</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>04006601</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Basically this is the same that i was using under 10.10.5 with Enoch and/or Chameleon.

Hi Micky,

that is what i thought too. But i did not change a thing since 10.10.5. I am still using CapriFB 4 for the mobo and skipped the nvidia detection on boot.

This always functioned until now.

I even tried patching the FramebufferCapri, which is recognized by the system correctly even after booting with clover.

Clover injects the same id (01660004), also ignores the nvidia and boots up fine.

Last thing i know, i could copy over the Capriframebuffer and rest of the files from 10.10.5, but that isn't a solution...

As of writing, I am very close to switching to clover (which i never thought i'll do).

Wait! I think i should post the boot.plist...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BlackMode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableBacklight</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableWifi</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAULayoutID</key>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>04006601</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Basically this is the same that i was using under 10.10.5 with Enoch and/or Chameleon.

@wartomato my Lappy has an Intel HD4000 that use the same platform ig as you + an *NVidia GT630m. must work!

*The NVidia surely is not working nor with Enoch nor with Clover, so why you had add nvda_drv=1???? to do what?

Why Skip an Ati card that you don't have?

Why inject IntelCapriFB and InjectIntel-ig at same time??  anyway InjectIntel-ig takes precedence

Why inject a layout id for the HDAU  that you don't have?

Why try enable backlight for NVidia cards?

Why inject duallink for NVidia/Ati cards?

Why inject the HDMI for NVidia/Ati cards??

Then, I hope that Enoch is able to find your DSDT/SMBios  if inside the Extra folder with the standard name.. why do that??

Try with this:org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

And if you plan to use Extra/Extensions also copy this kernel.plist.zip in /Extra

EDIT

If by chance you have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers, please uninstall them...otherwise will not works... never!

@wartomato my Lappy has an Intel HD4000 that use the same platform ig as you + an *NVidia GT630m. must work!

*The NVidia surely is not working nor with Enoch nor with Clover, so why you had add nvda_drv=1???? to do what?

Why Skip an Ati card that you don't have?

Why inject IntelCapriFB and InjectIntel-ig at same time??  anyway InjectIntel-ig takes precedence

Why inject a layout id for the HDAU  that you don't have?

Why try enable backlight for NVidia cards?

Why inject duallink for NVidia/Ati cards?

Why inject the HDMI for NVidia/Ati cards??

Then, I hope that Enoch is able to find your DSDT/SMBios  if inside the Extra folder with the standard name.. why do that??

Try with this:attachicon.giforg.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

And if you plan to use Extra/Extensions also copy this attachicon.gifkernel.plist.zip in /Extra

EDIT

If by chance you have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers, please uninstall them...otherwise will not works... never!

Hi Micky,

will try in a minute. As for your questions...

Patched BIOS a few months ago to disable the intel and activate the nvidia by default... and yes, I never changed the flags afterwards... :-)

So for your question: Yes, the nvidia works, even with web drivers with the "correct" BIOS. But that was months ago.

For the injection of both, the id and the buffer: Well, was on Chameleon before, so no "IntelCapriFb" there.

I know, I am lazy by not deleting all of this, but... well, it worked before.

Will be right back in a minute after testing.

(.. and yeah, of course I have the kernel.plist already in Extra)

Patched BIOS a few months ago to disable the intel and activate the nvidia by default... and yes, I never changed the flags afterwards... :-)

So for your question: Yes, the nvidia works, even with web drivers with the "correct" BIOS. But that was months ago.

OK, patching the bios is an option to make the card work... but what pain.. my bios bootblock check for the RSA signature.. not really advised here..

Then, with patched bios.. the web drivers will work..

The switch is made in ACPI, than this should be a job for some GURU (Pike?  :D )... maybe with a kext...

OK, patching the bios is an option to make the card work... but what pain.. my bios bootblock check for the RSA signature.. not really advised here..

Then, with patched bios.. the web drivers will work..

The switch is made in ACPI, than this should be a job for some GURU (Pike?  :D )... maybe with a kext...

Yep, it is in there... but it semms that noone ever managed to do it properly. I know the pain and I have the "regular" bios installed again.

Apart from that: I test your suggestion and... NO... it still stucks at the point where it should switch to the graphical part.

Damn, I never experienced this before.

(Oh, and i cleaned up, of course. Web drivers are gone  :) )

Another guess?

patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext?

not the latest one from 10.11.1

...will test Pikers suggestion with 128...

.. and log off for tonight. The wife is getting ichty :-)

Small update at night, hehe... :P  The wife is asleep...

Tested Pike's suggestion, but the same. In my opinion it is not the SIP. Clover boots with the same setting (0x67).

Changed the kext from 10.11.1 Intel drivers to the ones from 10.10.5, but still no success.

now an intresting test to see if you can get the Desktop is to remove completely the Intel video kexts.... this way no acceleration, only Vesa...

now an intresting test to see if you can get the Desktop is to remove completely the Intel video kexts.... this way no acceleration, only Vesa...

Hi Micky and good morning.

Well, tested a few configs, which means:

- removing all Intel kexts & try booting

- removing all nvidia kexts together with Intel kexts & try booting

- removing all Intel injection from org.chameleon.boot.plist & my DSDT

- all of the above together

... the answer is still: no. I just do not get it... Clover boots fine without the kexts for Intel and shows 7MB VRAM  :D (and of course no QE/QI)

Strange, but i am currently on 10.10 with the same config as for 10.11 and all is working fine (like with clover on 10.11)

I noticed one very interesting thing:

My mobo needed genericUSBXHCI to get the USB3 working under 10.x to 10.10.

Of course i removed it under 10.11. I used Rehabmans FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to get at least the ports working (without a kext they never would).

This way I get 3 of 4 Ports working.

The USB2 port with the webcam connected doesn't show up at all under 10.11, even with booting via clover.

Aehm, I removed it today during the tests (like any other third party extension) and noticed that the system doesn't to boot up and locks at a very early stage ("AppleUSBLegacySupport" or something).

So the question for is now: If it is not the graphics and totally not related to ENOCH, could it be the USB that is blocking the startup sequence?

Did I blame Chameleon & Enoch for something that is not related to them? - Clover patches the USB controllers by itself at boot...

So I might be a bummer that never got his DSDT right and is in the wrong thread.  :shock:

Edited by wartomato

This is odd. I used createinstallmedia and RevoBoot cannot locate com.apple.Boot.plist and the kernel/prelinkedkernel. Works fine one the HDD/SDD.

You guys may have solved this already, and if that is a yes then what was the fix? How do I compare my copy of hfs.c with older versions in the *trunk tree?

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk

This is odd. I used createinstallmedia and RevoBoot cannot locate com.apple.Boot.plist and the kernel/prelinkedkernel. Works fine one the HDD/SDD.

You guys may have solved this already, and if that is a yes then what was the fix? How do I compare my copy of hfs.c with older versions in the *trunk tree?

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/HEAD/trunk

Ex: of 2759

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/source/tree/2759/trunk/i386/libsaio/hfs.c

ErmaC

Aehm, I removed it today during the tests (like any other third party extension) and noticed that the system doesn't to boot up and locks at a very early stage ("AppleUSBLegacySupport" or something).

So the question for is now: If it is not the graphics and totally not related to ENOCH, could it be the USB that is blocking the startup sequence?

Did I blame Chameleon & Enoch for something that is not related to them? - Clover patches the USB controllers by itself at boot...

So I might be a bummer that never got his DSDT right and is in the wrong thread.  :shock:

Sure, El Capitan has port restriction for USB.. is it a famous problem, but Clover, as I know, can't patch it automatically... I guess.

If you have some patches for USB 2.0/3.0 try to remove them firstly (maybe you can lukyly match a port defined in your SMBIOS), then look at this topics:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/

Anyway if your DSDT is patched for multiplexing is better to redone it from scratch..