Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

As you wrote in the clover thread, the BCLK / Clock speed affects audio/sound. For now I use Chimera 4.1 Bootloader (i know you guys don't like tonymac here...) which gives me the "correct"?! BCLK of 100MHz.

Sorry (I'm not Slice), and no problem about Chimera since is a branch of Chameleon.

But can you show the bdmesg from Chimera in El Capitan? I'm just curious to see if is correct also there.. :)

@Micky1979: I'm still on Yosemite. Do you need that?

Oh sorry  you can't provide me the bdmesg from Chimera because you can't... read what I found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/chimera-feature-requests/174135-chimera-os-x-el-capitan-support.html

..I wonder why they did not ..maybe this time they could not copy.

• Like 1

Hey Micky,

I am going to have a look at your kext-in-the-booter issue this weekend!

Edit:

The msr(0xE2) patch in kernel_patcher.c is broken, and you don't need to check all three values if to see if they match. You can get away by just check the first value, and then increase the pointer with 0x30. Here's what I use:

*(uint64_t *)p = 0x0000000000000000ULL;
p += 0x30;
p += 0x30;
In fact. I only check bit-16 of msr(0xE2) and if set, then I just replace the data in the table because it will otherwise reboot.
  • Like 1

Hey Micky, I am going to have a look at your kext-in-the-booter issue this weekend!

the plist is loaded... rest the binary, is not thinned correctly

Thanks  :lol:

EDIT

later restart with bootloader development me too ... until now I have had to do with this app:             #67            
:)
  • Like 1

The msr(0xE2) patch in kernel_patcher.c is broken, and you don't need to check all three values if to see if they match. You can get away by just check the first value, and then increase the pointer with 0x30. Here's what I use:

p += 0x30;*(uint64_t *)p = 0x0000000000000000ULL;
p += 0x30;*(uint64_t *)p = 0x0000000000000000ULL;
In fact. I only check bit-16 of msr(0xE2) and if set, then I just replace the data in the table because it will otherwise reboot.

Ermac has already correct that in the latest build I think. I don't have ...I have not even looked, in truth, but I will 

Man that app is looking awesome!

I guess no...

If you are searching for NVRAM support, then is a solution... but if you are looking for MLB and ROM..then NO; you have to generate both by yourself.

please i need a tuto how to generate a MLB and ROM and how to make imessage work ? thanks 

hi is this filenvram 1.1.5 work with el capitan and fix imessage login ?

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/FileNVRAM

No.

Guys,

I ran into an issue that I want to share with you here. If you remove CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION from CSR_VALID_FLAGS and boot with:

bootArgs->flags				|= kBootArgsFlagCSRBoot;
bootArgs->csrActiveConfig		= CSR_VALID_FLAGS;
bootArgs->csrCapabilities		= (kBootArgsFlagLoginUI + kBootArgsFlagInstallUI);
Then the boot (from restored BaseSystem.dmg) fails with a KP in kexd so Apple changed something either in the kernel or in kextd.

Just to let you know ;)

• Like 1

For kextd a differences (in a restored installer) can be that kexts have no owners enabled? Change nothing if you enable it with "vsdbutil -a /your/installer"?

Tomorrow I want to test this. Thanks

Hi,

after all my reading of the posts in the thread I decided to update to 10.11 using Enoch/Chameleon and not Clover.

And guess what? - I ran into a problem.

I think I have done all i can to solve it, but I think it might be related to Enoch/Chameleon, because Clover boots up fine for now.

As you might see in the picture the boot process goes well until DSMOS arrives and nothing more happens.

Using Clover with the same configuration boots fine. same kexts used, but no success.

I can boot into single user mode on commandline, but no graphical screen will show up.

It doesn't matter what commandline switches are used and in which combination (either with or without caches), the boot process stops.

It doesn't even matter if a custom DSDT or SSDT is used or even a custom kext (except for FakeSMC) is installed.

So, are there any suggestions? (please... :wink_anim: )

post-804732-0-88531100-1445667089_thumb.jpg

Seem a graphics card problem (only) your are about to boot..

what's your ig-platform-id? is that correct? ...Clover use it with bytes flipped, you have reverse it?

Hi Micky,

that is what i thought too. But i did not change a thing since 10.10.5. I am still using CapriFB 4 for the mobo and skipped the nvidia detection on boot.

This always functioned until now.

I even tried patching the FramebufferCapri, which is recognized by the system correctly even after booting with clover.

Clover injects the same id (01660004), also ignores the nvidia and boots up fine.

Last thing i know, i could copy over the Capriframebuffer and rest of the files from 10.10.5, but that isn't a solution...

As of writing, I am very close to switching to clover (which i never thought i'll do).

Wait! I think i should post the boot.plist...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BlackMode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableBacklight</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableWifi</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAULayoutID</key>
<string>28000000</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>04006601</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Basically this is the same that i was using under 10.10.5 with Enoch and/or Chameleon.

Hi Micky,

that is what i thought too. But i did not change a thing since 10.10.5. I am still using CapriFB 4 for the mobo and skipped the nvidia detection on boot.

This always functioned until now.

I even tried patching the FramebufferCapri, which is recognized by the system correctly even after booting with clover.

Clover injects the same id (01660004), also ignores the nvidia and boots up fine.

Last thing i know, i could copy over the Capriframebuffer and rest of the files from 10.10.5, but that isn't a solution...

As of writing, I am very close to switching to clover (which i never thought i'll do).

Wait! I think i should post the boot.plist...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BlackMode</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(2,2)</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableBacklight</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableDualLink</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableWifi</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAULayoutID</key>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>04006601</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IntelCapriFB</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>nvda_drv=1</string>
<key>KeyLayout</key>
<string>mac-de</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>SkipAtiGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SkipNvidiaGfx</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseIntelHDMI</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Basically this is the same that i was using under 10.10.5 with Enoch and/or Chameleon.

@wartomato my Lappy has an Intel HD4000 that use the same platform ig as you + an *NVidia GT630m. must work!

*The NVidia surely is not working nor with Enoch nor with Clover, so why you had add nvda_drv=1???? to do what?

Why Skip an Ati card that you don't have?

Why inject IntelCapriFB and InjectIntel-ig at same time??  anyway InjectIntel-ig takes precedence

Why inject a layout id for the HDAU  that you don't have?

Why try enable backlight for NVidia cards?

Why inject duallink for NVidia/Ati cards?

Why inject the HDMI for NVidia/Ati cards??

Then, I hope that Enoch is able to find your DSDT/SMBios  if inside the Extra folder with the standard name.. why do that??

Try with this:org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

And if you plan to use Extra/Extensions also copy this kernel.plist.zip in /Extra

EDIT

If by chance you have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers, please uninstall them...otherwise will not works... never!

@wartomato my Lappy has an Intel HD4000 that use the same platform ig as you + an *NVidia GT630m. must work!

*The NVidia surely is not working nor with Enoch nor with Clover, so why you had add nvda_drv=1???? to do what?

Why Skip an Ati card that you don't have?

Why inject IntelCapriFB and InjectIntel-ig at same time??  anyway InjectIntel-ig takes precedence

Why inject a layout id for the HDAU  that you don't have?

Why try enable backlight for NVidia cards?

Why inject duallink for NVidia/Ati cards?

Why inject the HDMI for NVidia/Ati cards??

Then, I hope that Enoch is able to find your DSDT/SMBios  if inside the Extra folder with the standard name.. why do that??

Try with this:attachicon.giforg.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

And if you plan to use Extra/Extensions also copy this attachicon.gifkernel.plist.zip in /Extra

EDIT

If by chance you have installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers, please uninstall them...otherwise will not works... never!

Hi Micky,

will try in a minute. As for your questions...

Patched BIOS a few months ago to disable the intel and activate the nvidia by default... and yes, I never changed the flags afterwards... :-)

So for your question: Yes, the nvidia works, even with web drivers with the "correct" BIOS. But that was months ago.

For the injection of both, the id and the buffer: Well, was on Chameleon before, so no "IntelCapriFb" there.

I know, I am lazy by not deleting all of this, but... well, it worked before.

Will be right back in a minute after testing.

(.. and yeah, of course I have the kernel.plist already in Extra)