iATKOS v7 install isn't installing! It seems...

rockybalboaowns

3 posts in this topic

Hi:

I began to install iATKOS v7 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 15 minutes ago. I hit the install button, and it is stuck at that screen! It hasn't moved to an Installing... screen or something like that. I hope that is supposed to happen... this is my first Hackintosh install. The CD is not rumbling or making any sounds, I can move the mouse, it is not frozen, but it just keeps spinning at the Install Summary Screen! Is is just checking the disk? I have not gotten any warnings about that... Windows 7 took 2 seconds to process when I hit the install button.

Is it safe to just turn the computer off if this isn't supposed to happen? Will my HD corrupt if so? Or should I wait until something happens? Help!!!

then you press install it should says it is checking the disk but you can skip that and then it starts to install. it should starts installing the mac os x with no delay. have you customized your install?

Yes I did, I set it correctly for my system according to deviato's blog or whatever his name it. I hit install, was it checking the disk? I got NO popup telling me so, it was just frozen. Can I skip that if so? Thanks for reply, sorry for my late reply. Late for both of us, but hey I can install again.