• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Elarys

GA-P35-DS3 Rev 2.1

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm new to running OS X completely, I wanted to try it before I bought a mac. Hence installed it on my PC.

It's installed okay, I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and can boot into it okay (albeit from a CD bootloader at the moment).

The only issue so far is that I can't use sound, and I'd like to see if I can get sound working. I've seen some things about DSDT's and Kext's... and I'm left thinking a bit.. "What the hell is a DSDT?"

Can someone please assist me in getting sound out of my GA-P35-DS3 Rev 2.1 board?

In Win7 it's reporting an AC889a codec.

Thanks

Well have you searched the forum for ALC889a ???

'New user lounge' very bad idea ! look how many new topics are being started !

ok i cant see them on a google search, i shut up.

I can see some stuff about it. But it's totalling losing me (as per my first post).

Custom DSDT? What's a DSDT?

I follow guides that say to install a kext, but how do you know if that's installed okay?

I can't seem to find any simple new user friendly guides to explaining those things :)

Google "GA-P35-DS3 retail install snow leopard"

there are plenty of good guides out there. Ignore DSDT and try to find kext based solutions for now!