Quick DSDT question...thanks

8 posts in this topic

My "Skull Leopard" platform...

Hi, I managed to get iAtkos S3 v2 installed on my Skulltrail platform but had to use the 32bit RTC and 32bit only boot option or I was getting KP.

I was looking at this post which professes to give you a fully native install but could someone tell me if I use the DSDT method, will that give the installer all the info for my platform, therefore enabling me to have fully working 32bit/64bit?

Also, I am using an Ati HD5870 which I got, sort of, working. I can get full resolution on 2 monitors but no QE/CI. I read a post where someone get the install above working and then used "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.1.2" to get his HD5870 full working also.

Here is the post I made on the iAtkos forum detailing my saga, maybe it will help other Skulltrail users.

Thoughts please?

P.S. Just to let you know I have actually purchased Snow Leopard so I'm not just another pirate :D

OK, Firstly, got my HD5870 working....couple of graphic glitches but I'm assuming I would have to try applying the roms when they're available.

I also tried the "TOTALLY VANILLA" install method and I'm getting KP as soon as the Snow Leopard installer shows up (after the chameleon boot), weird thing is when I look at the DSDL list I have 2 RTC entries listed, one had length of 4 and one had length of 2, so I fixed the one with length 4 and applied it to my current install which still works fine, so I tried compiling with both and with either one, same result.

Could someone have a look at my attached DSDT list text file and advise please?

Should I try using any of the "fixes" in the MacLoader_SL (0.4)?

dsdt.txt

also remove

IRQNoFlags ()
                           {*}

From RTC, PIC and TMR devices

Which version of boot132 are you using?

EDIT - Try tomymacx86's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with support for ATI 5*** can be found here

D

Woot! An answer!

Thanks first of all....

Secondly, is it ok to have 2 entries in the RTC section? Like so :

Device (RTC)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))

Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()

{

IO (Decode16,

0x0070, // Range Minimum

0x0070, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IO (Decode16,

0x0074, // Range Minimum

0x0074, // Range Maximum

0x01, // Alignment

0x02, // Length

)

IRQNoFlags ()

{8}

})

}

I'm guessing it's cos I'm running iAtkos S3 v2 and I had to use the 32bit RTC option to get installed or else it would KP. So is one the "fake" and one is my real version? If so, which should I leave or can I leave both in there?

I answered cos you'd gone out and worked stuff out for yourself.

There's a fair bit you can do with your DSDT now you've started to mess around with it :)

As far as i know you can leave them both in.

nice looking setup you have.

D

Thanks for the reply again and the love for the Skulltrail :)

I did as you suggested (well half of it) and tried removing those entries in the DSDT and then tried installing again, no dice, same KP as the SL installer comes up.

Can you tell me how to get the verbose mode on chameleon? When the installer shows it says to press any key for options but when I do it's just the horizontal OS menu that displays and if I pick the installer then it just goes as normal with no verbose mode. I know it's usually the -v flag but there's no option to type that in here, any keys to force this?

Hopefully if I can get that running I can see where the install is falling over and try to remedy it.

Thanks again.

if you are using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], which you need to be for ATI 5XXX support, read here.

Just type -v or -v -x as you have the snow leopard DVD highlighted - then 'enter'

Thanks for the reply again and the love for the Skulltrail ;)

I did as you suggested (well half of it) and tried removing those entries in the DSDT and then tried installing again, no dice, same KP as the SL installer comes up.

Can you tell me how to get the verbose mode on chameleon? When the installer shows it says to press any key for options but when I do it's just the horizontal OS menu that displays and if I pick the installer then it just goes as normal with no verbose mode. I know it's usually the -v flag but there's no option to type that in here, any keys to force this?

Hopefully if I can get that running I can see where the install is falling over and try to remedy it.

Thanks again.

if you are using iatkos s3 just press f8 to go to chameleon screen, select the drive you want to boot from (dont press enter, use arrow key) then type -v, there is no prompt there, it will just show up on the screen.

hth