QuadBoot : Vista/Seven/Ubuntu/Osx86(iATKOS S3 V2)

AdityaGupta

5 posts in this topic

So m trying to quadboot my Lappy .

I wanna use Windows BCD bootloader for this quadboot , not chameleon not even grub2.

My Lapp's history : I have a triple boot config right now. I installed Seven after Vista. Then i installed ubuntu (Jaunty) with its grub2 bootloader installed in the ubuntu's ext2 partition itself. After that i was not able to boot into Ubuntu for obvious reasons.Then i used EasyBCD 2 beta version in (at that time) to add an entry for Ubuntu's grub2 bootloader, after that i lived Happily Ever After with my triple boot config until the OSx86 project bugged me .

What i want now : I wanna install Osx86 (iATKOS) now using chameleon bootloader.

What after installation : I assume after my Osx86 installation, i'll see only chamelon bootloader.

Problems: 1) Not sure whether chameleon will b installed in the OSx partion or MBR.

Can you please tell can i install chameleon on the Mac's partition itself like i did in ubuntu?

So, I want it to b installed on the OSx partition(if it does !). So that :

a) I can successfully rebuild my BCD bootloader using recovery CD of Vista or Seven (Will both recovery CDs work or only Vista ?).

:) then boot into Vista or seven and add OSx86 entry into the BCD bootloader which i reconstructed using the recovery option, along with my earlier Ubuntu Grub2 entry.

So please help me, is the aforementioned solution possible or there is any other way around?

Thanx in advance !

• 6 months later...

I managed to get this situation working fine on my machine. I now have Windows 7, Windows XP, OS X 10.5 and Ubuntu 10.10 all on one machine. But I used 2 seperate drives, so OS X bootloader didn't wipe out anything on the other drive.

So m trying to quadboot my Lappy .

I wanna use Windows BCD bootloader for this quadboot , not chameleon not even grub2.

What after installation : I assume after my Osx86 installation, i'll see only chamelon bootloader.

Problems: 1) Not sure whether chameleon will b installed in the OSx partion or MBR.

Can you please tell can i install chameleon on the Mac's partition itself like i did in ubuntu?

So, I want it to b installed on the OSx partition(if it does !). So that :

a) I can successfully rebuild my BCD bootloader using recovery CD of Vista or Seven (Will both recovery CDs work or only Vista ?).

:rolleyes: then boot into Vista or seven and add OSx86 entry into the BCD bootloader which i reconstructed using the recovery option, along with my earlier Ubuntu Grub2 entry.

So please help me, is the aforementioned solution possible or there is any other way around?

Thanx in advance !

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Chain0

I think you are talking about booting from the Hackintosh boot sector. I used this method for Windows XP and boot.ini (linux.bin). I think I've seen chain0 mentioned in a Chameleon manual install.

It would be better to use two hard drives but you have a laptop. The drive supports four primary partitions. If your Windows 7 is Ultimate you will have an extra primary partition because it has a 100 or 200 MB primary partition for bitlocker; it's possible to get rid of it. Home Premium doesn't have this extra primary partition. If you have a retail dvd, one of the early screens offers a Repair option.

You need to check to see if your laptop is known to work with Hackintosh, called a Hardware Compatibility List, HCL. Windows and Linux run on most hardware. Hackintosh runs on hardware that Apple at one time or another supported, some hardwares won't work. Read about AHCI mode.

Perhaps you will get lucky and will all work out of the box. On average, I think a few dozen geek hours will be required. I had to reinstall Snow Leopard twice. But since you want to boot 4 OS you probably have the requisite geek personality. This is not foolproof like Windows 7 or Pinguy.