Installing iATKOS_S3_v2 help

6 posts in this topic

I've recently gotten interested in installing osx on my hp nc6400 laptop. From my research, it appears that there are a couple of pre-made distros for pc's. I downloaded one called iATKOS_S3_v2 and while I have the iso, I burned it and I cannot boot from it, the laptop simply does not recognize it as bootable. Here is a image of the files while mounted virtually on my desktop. Is my iso corrupt or am I starting this out all wrong?

Seems funny to me that the files listed are only a couple KB's when the whole iso is 4.37GB

osx.jpg

I also have an NC6400 and tried the same distro you did. I see the same files you are showing on your screenshot (I burned the image using Windows, as well). My laptop is able to boot from the DVD though. You may want to check the MD5 checksum of your iso. I did that with mine and verified it was correct. 

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot my installation...having some trouble getting it installed...  

Sorry I couldn't be more help than a voice of hope...

Is my iso corrupt or am I starting this out all wrong?

Seems funny to me that the files listed are only a couple KB's when the whole iso is 4.37GB

This should be in a FAQ somewhere, it seems to puzzle a lot of people.

It's perfectly normal, Windows can't read the HFS+ file system on the DVD.

Try booting your DVD in another PC to check if the burn is bad.

Burn the image again, this time use imgburn (it's free and it rocks) use quality media, and burn at the slowest possible speed.

Alright so I tried to burn another copy and it still didnt boot, tried it on another laptop which isnt supported but it did work up to the apple logo so the dvd works.

I tired a windows 7 dvd thats burned on a dvd+r and it booted up on my nc6400 tried the iAtkos again which is burned on a dvd-r and it did not work so it might be because my dvd drive wont boot from dvd-r.

Is there anyway I can extract the iso and make a bootable usb? I have read that its possible but with OSX but I don thave any OSX machines accessible here.

Alright so I tried to burn another copy and it still didnt boot, tried it on another laptop which isnt supported but it did work up to the apple logo so the dvd works.

I tired a windows 7 dvd thats burned on a dvd+r and it booted up on my nc6400 tried the iAtkos again which is burned on a dvd-r and it did not work so it might be because my dvd drive wont boot from dvd-r.

Is there anyway I can extract the iso and make a bootable usb? I have read that its possible but with OSX but I don thave any OSX machines accessible here.

could be a fake copy? http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewforum.php?...0db9248263bc202

by look at that link there no such thing as v2.