Installation Kernel Panic 10.5.7 and beyond

Stephan2006

1 post in this topic

Ok Here is the deal.

I am trying to put 10.5.8 or 10.6.2 on my PC. This isn't my first time and I have had several successful installations on various setups in the past so i have some idea of what i am doing.

First off this PC's specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 dual Core 2.67Ghz

p5n32-sli Mother Board

ASUS nForce 4 Chipset

7GB DDR 2 PC4200 Ram

GeForce 7600GS 16x PCIe (Single Card in Single Card mode)

All IDE Driver (DVD and Hard Drives)

This Machine has successfuly ran kalyway 10.5.2 almost flawlessly but i want to run iLife 09 requiring 10.5.6

First try was the iDeneb combo update. result-Kernel Panic as soon as the apple appears on the boot screen <tried all 3 Kernel Options)

Next iDeneb v1.4 Install succeded, however network use leads to kernel panic or out right freeze. along with other random kernel panics, when doing random things that usually don't cause panics. I Have tried all Kernel Options, chipset and network options with limited success(ie network stall with reboot required) to outright no go. at one point I ripped the chipset and eithernet drivers that work well from the kalyway disk with no luck.

Finally the heart of the matter.

When trying to install iDeneb v1.6 I get all the way through the install options and the dvd check to the point of the actual install and hit this Kernel Panic (see Image). And before someone complains about me not using the forum or Google search i have and the only thing i keep coming up with is people with Kernel Panics immediately after the boot loader.

Note that this is during the actual installation process.

post-268473-1280474220_thumb.jpg

I get much the same thing at the same time from Hazards 10.6.2 disk. on a side not i have tried installing from Burned dvd's, Install USB's and a install partitions on the hard drive. Any Help or Incites at all would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Stephan