InsanelyMac Forum
wlan_master_29

Acer Aspire One

Acer Aspire One Netbook

Any Model of 532h Series has identical hardware

Install Method Used

Retail Snow Leopard 10.6 - > The one sold on apples website

Restored the DVD with Disk Utility from a working Leopard install to a 8gb sandisk flash drive

After restore to flash drive is completed install "myHack_installer1.0_RC4.1_r55.mpkg

to the flash drive, with only the options already checked, and i also ticked the sleep enabler kext

when install is finished. reboot and boot from the flash drive perform install , no flags needed

once install screen is loaded, takes a while by the way. I created 2 partitions one named OSX and the

other Restore, 20gb for Restore and the rest to OSX, using GUIDED Partioning, very important otherwise

system will not boot. After the install is completed, reboot with the flash drive in, making sure you copied

the myhack installer to the flash drive, we will need it again once the system is booted into your new

hackintosh, install the myhack pkg to the OSX partition using the same options as before. this time

adding one more opion ps2, so your keyboard and touchpad will function after rebooting.

Next we will install the LAN adapter so we can access the internet

so we will need this kext. "AtherosL1cEthernet.kext" by reader02, can be found

in the forum.

Install all kext required using KextHelper, this will simplify the install and less headache for you

next we will install "VoodooHDA.kext" to get sound working, again using Kext Helper b7

and finally we will install a supported Pci/e wireless card supported by OSX, mine was

Broadcom 4312 I pulled from a Dell Inspiron 1545, simply added my device id to the io80211 in /System/Library/Extentions, more info can be found in thease forums.

Things not working

Video - GMA 3150 No support for this card as of yet

Webcam

Other then that it runs Snow Leopard 10.6 flawlessly and Leopard 10.5.6 this same methods used to get working.

Edit: This method also confirmed to work on Acer Aspire D260, as it has the exact same chipset, with the acception

of the video card being a Pineview Series

Advertisement
Acer Aspire One Netbook

Any Model of 532h Series has identical hardware

Things not working

Video - GMA 3150 No support for this card as of yet

Webcam

You can gain 3150 support (or at least the native 1024x600 resolution) by installing this bootloader:

http://www.meklort.com/?p=188

My webcam works but is very choppy in Photo Booth. When I try to use it in the usual flash-based webcam test (http://www.testwebcam.com/), I can't click the authorize button. It's possible that's a Flash issue, but i don't have any problems with it on other Macs.

Could anyone comment on the ability of this install to run such apps as iWork? Do I need the crystal video engine working to have iWork working?

I used xXx install of 10.5 and could not get 1024x600 going. I then attempted an install of iWork from the retail DVD and the app installed fine. But it came up with a blank window when launched :-(

Any and all pointers will be much appreciated.

Configuration:

Acer AspireOne 532h

2Gigs of RAM