• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
segadc

I already have XP, 7, and Ubuntu Remix, would I have to delete them for OSx86?

4 posts in this topic

I have been getting interested in trying OSx86 on my ASUS EEEPC 1005HA netbook. But I have seen that some have to delete exisiting partitions (then reinstall again) to get it to work. Ideally I would like to just install it on my external hard drive. Either way I just rather not mess with reinstalling again. So is it possible to create another partition without deleting my existing partitions??

Thanks and wow tons to read but everytime I see a video of my netbook with OSx86 I am impressed!

I have been getting interested in trying OSx86 on my ASUS EEEPC 1005HA netbook. But I have seen that some have to delete exisiting partitions (then reinstall again) to get it to work. Ideally I would like to just install it on my external hard drive. Either way I just rather not mess with reinstalling again. So is it possible to create another partition without deleting my existing partitions??

Thanks and wow tons to read but everytime I see a video of my netbook with OSx86 I am impressed!

If you havent already, you could chain loop ubuntu to one of your windows drives to free up a partition

I've seen guides where people have formatted their flash drive as OSX Extended through disk utility and just chose it as the installation disk from the installer. Have you tried that with your external? No guarantees that it would work (the adapter built into my external forbids it to be a boot device so i know it doesn't work for me), but I'm curious to know if it does.

Also check out the emulation subforum