Disable/Fix screensaver

andyxxxx

3 posts in this topic

I've installed OSX86 on my HP 6735s and it's working great for me.

The graphics card is not supported but I've found a res hack which works for me. Still displays video smoothly and runs photoshop etc. so I'm happy

The only problem I've come across is, when the screensaver kicks in the screen freezes, now this unfreezes as soon as I move the mouse it goes back to normal. This would not be a problem but when I'm watching videos which do not disable the SS, like flash players on t'interweb, the video freezes until i move the mouse.

I wouldn't mind running without a screensaver but when I go to the sys prefs panel and open the screensaver tab I get "The application System Preferences quit unexpectedly.". I'd guess it's trying to preview the SS and is failing. I can change the desktop background just not the screensaver.

Is there a fix for this, or any way to disable the screensaver via a command, rather than through that window.

It looks like your "res hack" prevents the screensaver from working. I don't know exactly how a res hack works but if you can disable it then do so and go to system prefrences and disable the screensaver. Then you can re-enable it.