Beginner here needing some help

21 posts in this topic

Hello Im new to the forum.

I am wanting to install MAC OSX snow leopard (10.6.3) onto my pc in duel boot with windows 7. Windows 7 being my primary OS.

PC Specs Are

Nvidia 680isli MOBO

Intel Q6600@3.15GHZ

BFG 8800GTX OC2

4GB OCZ Ram

How do i start? What do I need to do and how do i install.

Sorry for being simple about this and sorry if in the wrong section.

Thanks!

Hello Im new to the forum.

I am wanting to install MAC OSX snow leopard (10.6.3) onto my pc in duel boot with windows 7. Windows 7 being my primary OS.

PC Specs Are

Nvidia 680isli MOBO

Intel Q6600@3.15GHZ

BFG 8800GTX OC2

4GB OCZ Ram

How do i start? What do I need to do and how do i install.

Sorry for being simple about this and sorry if in the wrong section.

Thanks!

See my nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here......and my blog for Snow Leopard install guides....... :(

thanks alot i will have alook great! the link to your blog is not working.

i have just had a quick look. all i want to do is to install mac osx onto my pc. i am going to partition my hdd for mac osx.

iv tried to find out if my bfg nforce 680isli mobo is fully-AHCI compliant but cannot see if it is can you help with thats??

thanks

thanks alot i will have alook great! the link to your blog is not working.

i have just had a quick look. all i want to do is to install mac osx onto my pc. i am going to partition my hdd for mac osx.

iv tried to find out if my bfg nforce 680isli mobo is fully-AHCI compliant but cannot see if it is can you help with thats??

thanks

No, the 680i is not fully-AHCI compliant AFAIK..........you will need to use the AppleNForceATA.kext...........

Here are my SL Install Guides from my blog:

Verdant_Blog_SL_Guides.zip

No, the 680i is not fully-AHCI compliant AFAIK..........you will need to use the AppleNForceATA.kext...........

Here are my SL Install Guides from my blog:

Verdant_Blog_SL_Guides.zip

thanks for that you can see im new to this, i looked at the install thread that you linked me to and i cannot get my head around it lol.

alos were did you get your copy for mac osx? im am downloading a iso from the net does this matter?

thanks for that you can see im new to this, i looked at the install thread that you linked me to and i cannot get my head around it lol.

alos were did you get your copy for mac osx? im am downloading a iso from the net does this matter?

I purchased the Apple Retail Snow Leopard Install DVD from the Apple Store (cost $29)......... :)

You will know soon enough............if you can afford to, it is better to support Apple........ :wacko:

I purchased the Apple Retail Snow Leopard Install DVD from the Apple Store (cost $29)......... :)

You will know soon enough............if you can afford to, it is better to support Apple........ :D

im going to be buying a copy but i want to knwo if i can get it to work for now b4 i do.

in the install guides i have downloaded from you do will it tell me how to get the AppleNForceATA.kext? and how to install it??

are these copys of osx?? h**p://leohazard.com/download.html

again sorry for the really simple daft questions

im going to be buying a copy but i want to knwo if i can get it to work for now b4 i do.

in the install guides i have downloaded from you do will it tell me how to get the AppleNForceATA.kext? and how to install it??

are these copys of osx??

again sorry for the really simple daft questions

If you follow nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here step-by-step, every thing you need to do to get Snow Leopard up and running using Apple Retail Snow Leopard Install DVD or its image file (except for system-specific audio chipset kexts etc., apart, that is, from the AD1998B chipset my 650i MOBO uses.......see post #2) is given and explained (even for newbies [i hope!])....... :D

The Hazard and iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD distros are like all OSx86 distros, single-layer DVD "stripped-down" versions of the Retail OS X Install DVD containing NO Printer Drivers etc......

If you follow nForce chipset MOBO Snow Leopard Install Guide here step-by-step, every thing you need to do to get Snow Leopard up and running using Apple Retail Snow Leopard Install DVD or its image file (except for system-specific audio chipset kexts etc., apart, that is, from the AD1998B chipset my 650i MOBO uses.......see post #2) is given and explained (even for newbies [i hope!])....... :(

The Hazard and iATKOS S3 v2 Install DVD distros are like all OSx86 distros, single-layer DVD "stripped-down" versions of the Retail OS X Install DVD containing NO Printer Drivers etc......

i have just installed mac osx on my pc using the hazard dvd each time i click on the apple logo to go into osx it say this everytime ''press any key to choose startup options" when I select the default a box appears telling me that "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again".

so i do the restart and it keeps asking to restart.

any ideas?

thanks

i have just installed mac osx on my pc using the hazard dvd each time i click on the apple logo to go into osx it say this everytime ''press any key to choose startup options" when I select the default a box appears telling me that "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again".

so i do the restart and it keeps asking to restart.

any ideas?

thanks

"each time i click on the apple logo" ......do you mean via the bootloader?

What Customize selections did you make?

Can you boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048?

"each time i click on the apple logo" ......do you mean via the bootloader?

What Customize selections did you make?

Can you boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048?

yes sorry the bootloader 'apple logo' it comes up with that message.

i haven tried to boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 yet.

selection i made were:

mac_os_x_10.6.2

chameleon_10.4.1

graphiceenabler

voodooHDAv2.5.3

elliottforcelegactrtc

smbiosresolver

as in the picture here http://leohazard.com/Forum/download/file.p...1&mode=view

yes sorry the bootloader 'apple logo' it comes up with that message.

i haven tried to boot with -v cpus=1 maxmem=2048 yet.

selection i made were:

mac_os_x_10.6.2

chameleon_10.4.1

graphiceenabler

voodooHDAv2.5.3

elliottforcelegactrtc

smbiosresolver

as in the picture here http://leohazard.com/Forum/download/file.p...1&mode=view

Why did you simply not follow the Customise selections I gave in my Hazard SL Install guide for nForce MOBOs......?

Why did you simply not follow the Customise selections I gave in my Hazard SL Install guide for nForce MOBOs......?

i think i have missed abit out. i will try it again thanks

just reinstalled and followed all the points in the guide you sent to me. but again i get the same problem. as beforce it keeps asking me to restart when i click on the apple logo at the bootloader.

in the guide it says to press -v -f on the bootloader screen when i do that load sof infor scrolls on screen then white text comes up and sits.

at the bottom of the screen it says uptime in 3094788 nanoseconds.

just reinstalled and followed all the points in the guide you sent to me. but again i get the same problem. as beforce it keeps asking me to restart when i click on the apple logo at the bootloader.

in the guide it says to press -v -f on the bootloader screen when i do that load sof infor scrolls on screen then white text comes up and sits.

at the bottom of the screen it says uptime in 3094788 nanoseconds.

What are the onscreen messages before the 'uptime' message........and how long did you wait before switching off...........?

What are the onscreen messages before the 'uptime' message........and how long did you wait before switching off...........?

it stays on for a while until i restarted the pc. here the message after i press -v -f the screen will scroll text them this screen shows for while

i have attached pictures of the screen

post-644276-1279715649_thumb.jpg

it stays on for a while until i restarted the pc. here the message after i press -v -f the screen will scroll text them this screen shows for while

i have attached pictures of the screen

Boot with -v arch=i386 cpus=1 maxmem=2048 and report what happens............

typed that at the bootloader and i get the following

You are having problems with the ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext as well as RTL8139.kext and SuperVIAATA.kext and SuperNForceATA.kext..........

If you had a Leopard install on your PC, then following my Retail DVD install guide would be best........alternatively, use iATKOS S3 v2 rather than the Hazard SL distro.........

You are having problems with the ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext as well as RTL8139.kext and SuperVIAATA.kext and SuperNForceATA.kext..........

If you had a Leopard install on your PC, then following my Retail DVD install guide would be best........alternatively, use iATKOS S3 v2 rather than the Hazard SL distro.........

ah rite have you got a link to the iATKOS S3 v2. and a link to your Retail DVD install guide i will try out the iATKOS S3 v2 anyway but im going to buy it soon too.

ah rite have you got a link to the iATKOS S3 v2. and a link to your Retail DVD install guide i will try out the iATKOS S3 v2 anyway but im going to buy it soon too.

See post #2 in this thread............ ;)