InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
terramir

how has 10.6.3 or 10.6.4 working on 1005ha (n270)

Hi I'd like to get my hackint0sh updated to 10.6.4 eventually but right now 10.6.3 update is what I got. the thing is that I cannot seem to get everything working (got bt-183 and dw1510 which work out of the box). sleep/hibernation wakeup problems sound and speed step alot of dsdt posted have brightness problems and well also some are for 1 gb I got 2gb of ram.

Does anyone have a system where everything works and can post /link the kext and or dsdt.aml used.

terramir

Advertisement

As of right now,

I have my system updated to 10.6.3

The things that are working are everything except two problems (including speedstep)

After sleep the backlight does not come back on so i have to restart (the function key works normally)

As for bluetooth i cannot manually turn it off in the system preferences (its on all the time)

but since i dont use it i turned it off in my bios.

If you have any questions how i installed it pm me.

(I have the 2GB version but i know that you just have to change the code to 1 gb to have support for battery calculator)

I didnt bother to upgrade to 10.6.4 because there arent that much advantages from it.

Wish you a best of luck

Hi I'd like to get my hackint0sh updated to 10.6.4 eventually but right now 10.6.3 update is what I got. the thing is that I cannot seem to get everything working (got bt-183 and dw1510 which work out of the box). sleep/hibernation wakeup problems sound and speed step alot of dsdt posted have brightness problems and well also some are for 1 gb I got 2gb of ram.

Does anyone have a system where everything works and can post /link the kext and or dsdt.aml used.

terramir

Sent you a PM with instructions for 10.6.4 combo update.

I have a pretty good MacBook Mini with my 1005HA N280/250GB/2GB RAM

The following work...

WiFi using Broadcom no name card

Ethernet using Reader02's kext

Blluetooth with working on/off in SysPref and Menu Bar item

Touchpad with multitouch and inertial scrolling

Brightness works with Fn and brightness keys

Volume keys work with Spark key mapper

Battery meter works (using SlimBatteryMonitor for display as it looks better than the Apple version)

CPU temperature monitor

Tethering to my Nokia E71 and E63 - haven't jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs so no go there

Dual boot into SL and Win7

SpeedStep working

Sleep works from Apple menu, timer and lid close - needs a key press to wake

Getting 10 hours+ now on battery if I let it sleep and just check emails and occasionally look at a web page or two

Never get less than 6 hours even with CS3 activity, Bluetooth tethering and lots of surfing - great battery

The only SW I don't seem to be able to run acceptably is the Android SDK - it's slow as molasses

Google Chrome browser is a little flakey but it's beta so...

Cheers.

Hi,

Could you post your instructions here so people who search on Google can see them?

If not, would you mind sending me a PM with them?

Thanks!

I've got an 1005HA that I spent a lot of time with. Now it can triple boot the "big three" and I'm on 10.6.3. Besides the fact that I haven't updated, I still have problems with sleep. If someone could tell me how to patch the dsdt.aml file, I'd really appreciate that.

Also, VFR_Pilot, you have inertial scrolling? I've got two-finger scroll but no inertia. Did you do something special to enable that?

I've got an 1005HA that I spent a lot of time with. Now it can triple boot the "big three" and I'm on 10.6.3. Besides the fact that I haven't updated, I still have problems with sleep. If someone could tell me how to patch the dsdt.aml file, I'd really appreciate that.

Also, VFR_Pilot, you have inertial scrolling? I've got two-finger scroll but no inertia. Did you do something special to enable that?

DSDTSE will simplify the DSDT.aml editing process. Google it if you don't find a link at InsanelyMac. Instructions included in the download. I didn't need to edit DSDT to get sleep working - SleepEnabler.kext seems to work for me.

Inertial scrolling courtesy of Smart Scroll. It's an app that loads on startup. Google for their website. Very cool!

HTH.

DSDTSE will simplify the DSDT.aml editing process. Google it if you don't find a link at InsanelyMac. Instructions included in the download. I didn't need to edit DSDT to get sleep working - SleepEnabler.kext seems to work for me.

Inertial scrolling courtesy of Smart Scroll. It's an app that loads on startup. Google for their website. Very cool!

HTH.

Thanks for the replies. I did get DSDTSE and can open my current DSDT file with it. I suppose I didn't look extremely hard for the instructions, but I was still completely confused nonetheless... and I've had bad luck with SleepEnabler, kernel panics from what I can remember. I'll do some more tinkering today hopefully.

Thanks for the Smart Scroll link. I'm a big fan of... inertia.

...and I've had bad luck with SleepEnabler, kernel panics from what I can remember.
Just be sure your kernel and SleepEnabler version match.  If there's a mismatch, it'll panic about a version mismatch in system powermanagement (surprise!).

Just wanted to confirm I got 10.6.4 working great after running the combo updates and then NBI 0.8.4 RC1 after each update. Dunno if this was necessary or not but I did it just to be safe.

Does anyone know of a kext that will work with the touchpad off button?

terramir

im about to buy one of these refurbished/cheap, can anyone give me instructions for the 1005ha or just a list of kexts ill need to get everything working?

The following work...

WiFi using Broadcom no name card

Ethernet using Reader02's kext

Blluetooth with working on/off in SysPref and Menu Bar item

Touchpad with multitouch and inertial scrolling

Brightness works with Fn and brightness keys

Volume keys work with Spark key mapper

Battery meter works (using SlimBatteryMonitor for display as it looks better than the Apple version)

CPU temperature monitor

Tethering to my Nokia E71 and E63 - haven't jailbroken my iPhone 3Gs so no go there

Dual boot into SL and Win7

SpeedStep working

Sleep works from Apple menu, timer and lid close - needs a key press to wake

Getting 10 hours+ now on battery if I let it sleep and just check emails and occasionally look at a web page or two

Never get less than 6 hours even with CS3 activity, Bluetooth tethering and lots of surfing - great battery

The only SW I don't seem to be able to run acceptably is the Android SDK - it's slow as molasses

Google Chrome browser is a little flakey but it's beta so...

Cheers.

could u tell us... how did u do? :angel:

After sleep the backlight does not come back on so i have to restart (the function key works normally)

I've the same problem... I'm going crazy to solve it.. :D

hi guys!

first of all thx for all the info and effort you share here!

unfortunately, i can only understand little of what i read here and in other foruns.

i am not even sure if this is the right spot, but its the closest i can get..

I found old posts about installing 10.6 on a 1005ha (actual installation guides), but then i read about getting "wifi not working" "this and that not working"

I found more recent posts about 10.6.3/4 and 5 getting installed, and also the atheros wifi problem solved with some kext or something... so the thing is, information is very scattered and posts go months-wide different so i get guides about installing this one version with one or two drawbacks, but i find in a post after, that those drawbacks are solved. I mean, should i keep with the original installation? is there a new one, so i should ignore the older one? etc...

QUESTION IS

-Where are we at now?

-If i wanna do this on my 1005ha, what SL version should i go to?

-Can u plz give an installation guide for that version?

-Will wifi, etc. work with that version?

-Do i need aditional instalations for that version? (eg. KEXTs - whatever that is!!)

-How do i find them and how do i install them?

Finally,

Please do not feel that i think that all your work is not good enough. It's just that i do not understand most of what i read here so it's hard to keep up. what i would suggest for you to have is an "updated guide for each model - foor noobs" that way you would probably save much of these questions.

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!!

(if this is not where to ask, plz tell me where! thx)

hi guys!

first of all thx for all the info and effort you share here!

unfortunately, i can only understand little of what i read here and in other foruns.

i am not even sure if this is the right spot, but its the closest i can get..

I found old posts about installing 10.6 on a 1005ha (actual installation guides), but then i read about getting "wifi not working" "this and that not working"

I found more recent posts about 10.6.3/4 and 5 getting installed, and also the atheros wifi problem solved with some kext or something... so the thing is, information is very scattered and posts go months-wide different so i get guides about installing this one version with one or two drawbacks, but i find in a post after, that those drawbacks are solved. I mean, should i keep with the original installation? is there a new one, so i should ignore the older one? etc...

QUESTION IS

-Where are we at now?

-If i wanna do this on my 1005ha, what SL version should i go to?

-Can u plz give an installation guide for that version?

-Will wifi, etc. work with that version?

-Do i need aditional instalations for that version? (eg. KEXTs - whatever that is!!)

-How do i find them and how do i install them?

Finally,

Please do not feel that i think that all your work is not good enough. It's just that i do not understand most of what i read here so it's hard to keep up. what i would suggest for you to have is an "updated guide for each model - foor noobs" that way you would probably save much of these questions.

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE!!!!

(if this is not where to ask, plz tell me where! thx)

I followed @Colin steps from here http://maceee.blogspot.com/2010/02/snoweee...l?commentPage=4

I have SL 10.6.4 running perfectly....good luck!