Snow Leopard on HP Pavilion

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm a total noob. I have managed to install 10.6 on an "out of the box" HP Pavilion Desktop. Model a6813w.

I have also managed to get my wusb600n wireless stick working and it's surfin the web.

After that, I'm kinda lost. I have no sound and it's not fitting my monitor completely.

I have a dual monitor set up with an Asus Nvidia GEforce 9500 and was wondering if this OS can even do dual monitor set up?

Anyway, if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I recommend you;

Conduct a search in the forum according to your hardware. ie. Motherboard.

Identify the codec of your sound card. ALC888, ALC88A etc. People can't help you if you can't say which codec you have.

Go to Graphics Card section of the forum and look for the people using the same card with you. I am pretty sure that there are people out there with the same GPU.

I know, I stated the obvious but trust me, these will save you lots of time.

Good Luck,

Hi there,

I recommend you;

Conduct a search in the forum according to your hardware. ie. Motherboard.

Identify the codec of your sound card. ALC888, ALC88A etc. People can't help you if you can't say which codec you have.

Go to Graphics Card section of the forum and look for the people using the same card with you. I am pretty sure that there are people out there with the same GPU.

I know, I stated the obvious but trust me, these will save you lots of time.

Good Luck,

Thanks for the input. I got my video card going and Mac OS can def do a dual monitor set up.

Got the codecs and sound going to. Only prob was when I installed the drivers for my vid card.

My ps/2 keyboard would no longer work and I had to get a ps/2-USB adapter.

Now all I have to do is find a reason to switch to this operating system... I'm trying to keep an open mind.