Quartz Extreme

11 posts in this topic

Hi.

I, along with others, are trying to find a motherboard in which the GMA 900 is detected and used by OSx86.

So if you own a Motherboard that has a GMA 900 Video "Chip?" could you please state:

* The brand and model of the motherboard

* The Date \ Version of the Bios

* The Vendor and Model ID of the GMA 900 (a paste of the lspci command under linux would do wonders. I'll try and provide an example of one.)

This info can be used for wanting-to-buy-a-new-mobo users and for the current GMA 900 owners that can't use Quartz Extreme.

Thanks.

Xeon3D.

Rift's GMA900 card which DOES work.

revision id: 0x0003

device id: 0x2582

intel: 0x8086

My GMA900 card which DOES NOT work.. or maybe its my VMWARE image I got (replaced CoreGraphics for SSE3)

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2582

Revision ID: 0x000e

Rift's GMA900 card which DOES work.

revision id: 0x0003

device id: 0x2582

intel: 0x8086

My GMA900 card which DOES NOT work.. or maybe its my VMWARE image I got (replaced CoreGraphics for SSE3)

Revision ID: 0x000e

Back with more info, most likely my card WILL work. Rift confirmed he did not have QE working from the vmware image as well. I will try the DVD dev kit tonight or tomorrow and report back.

-Victor

Back with more info, most likely my card WILL work. Rift confirmed he did not have QE working from the vmware image as well. I will try the DVD dev kit tonight or tomorrow and report back.

-Victor

Reporting back QE does work here. To fix the problem go to System preferences -> Display Panel -> detect displays and all is well. CoreImage does not work yet. Te wierd thing is, It does not display how much vram I have in apple profiler. Going to play around with the bios maybe i can fix it

Reporting back QE does work here. To fix the problem go to System preferences -> Display Panel -> detect displays and all is well. CoreImage does not work yet. Te wierd thing is, It does not display how much vram I have in apple profiler. Going to play around with the bios maybe i can fix it

Thanks for your useful information about GMA900 (I'm using it too!) .

Is your chipset 915GL? or 915GM? or others?

I'm using an Intel 915GEVL with a P4 550 and 1GB of RAM and everything works (sound, network, USB, SATA, Quartz, CoreImage... etc.).

Bios: EV91510A.86A.0401.2005.0128.0809 (Intel Corp.)

Display:

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900:

Chipset Model: GMA 900

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

Revision ID: 0x0004

Displays:

Display:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

I installed using xplode's native method. So far I have yet to come across something that hasn't worked. I'm going to try some PPC-native software tomorrow. If there's any more info you need from my install, please ask.

Edit: It appears as though I may be eating my words... It looks as though those options (Core Image, Quartz Extreme) switch back and forth between supported and not, and I've stumbled on my first crash. Every time I open the screensaver preferences OSX cries and needs to be restarted, the same thing happens when I start Chess. Methinks it's something OpenGL related and thus a video issue in general. I'll play with it some more, but if anyone knows what might be done to remedy this, pipe in. Also, reading the xplode's instructions, I'll point out that I didn't patch CoreImage as the processor I have supports SSE3. Perhaps I should have done this?

I'm using an Intel 915GEVL with a P4 550 and 1GB of RAM and everything works (sound, network, USB, SATA, Quartz, CoreImage... etc.).

Display:

Displays:

Display:

Display:

I installed using xplode's native method. So far I have yet to come across something that hasn't worked. I'm going to try some PPC-native software tomorrow. If there's any more info you need from my install, please ask.

Edit: It appears as though I may be eating my words... It looks as though those options (Core Image, Quartz Extreme) switch back and forth between supported and not, and I've stumbled on my first crash. Every time I open the screensaver preferences OSX cries and needs to be restarted, the same thing happens when I start Chess. Methinks it's something OpenGL related and thus a video issue in general. I'll play with it some more, but if anyone knows what might be done to remedy this, pipe in. Also, reading the xplode's instructions, I'll point out that I didn't patch CoreImage as the processor I have supports SSE3. Perhaps I should have done this?

My opengl works fine here. I downgraded the drivers to opendarwin 8.0.1 and hit the detect display panel button. I think my coreimage might of been patched which might be the reason it says coreimage not supported. Also have you tried running quicktime movies yet? do you get this terrible green distortion?

oh and does it display how much vram you have in profiler?

Display:

Displays:

Display:

Display:

My opengl works fine here. I downgraded the drivers to opendarwin 8.0.1 and hit the detect display panel button. I think my coreimage might of been patched which might be the reason it says coreimage not supported. Also have you tried running quicktime movies yet? do you get this terrible green distortion?

I've just watched a trailer for The Island and it works just fine, sound and all. VRAM? It doesn't mention anything about it in Profiler, but I know in the BIOS it's set to 8MB. Come to think of it I should probably increase that some. Downgraded drivers? Perhaps this will cure my crash problem? I've got that release of Darwin on CD somewhere, how does one downgrade the display drivers? (I'm proficient in Windows and Linux, kernel recompiles for video support and all, so I wouldn't worry about being too verbose).