GTX 470 with Chameleon, lol wut?

xdanisx

17 posts in this topic

Well I tried this guide here on insanely mac and it didn't work.

He said to install chameleon. I couldn't because there was no installer. I tried using the commands in the readme... didn't work.

Help?

Thanks.

Read a bit and maybe you'll learn something...

We install a bootloader to boot OS X, sometime that bootloader can also initialise unsupported cards and trick OS X into supporting them.

There are plenty of Chameleon installers, for the various different versions and modifications of Chameleon. Like I said, do some research and educate yourself...

Believe me, I've been doing my fair share of reading.

I've looked at THIS guide.

I am having a lot of trouble following exactly what he's saying.

I've tried installing the chameleon link he gave, but there's no installer. The read me gave me terminal commands that didn't work.

I have tried modifying the bootplist. I tried compiling it with no luck. It says that there is a "<" that shouldn't be their. I DIDN'T EVEN PUT THE "<" THERE! It was already their. I tried compiling the script without modifying anything, and it says the same thing!

Ok, what commands did you use to install the supplied bootloader? Did you download and install the drivers via the .DMG file provided? Did you add your device ID to the drivers as well as adding GraphicsEnabler to the boot.plist?

1. The exact ones that came with the readme, only changing the disk number (I can look them up exactly, but I'll have to boot up into OSX and back into Windows (I have not gotten LAN working yet)).

2. I could not install the Nvidia driver. It said to add the kexts (I couldn't find any). So somehow (I honestly couldn't tell you how atm) I found three installers from the .dmg and installed them.

3. I tried adding my device ID, but I could not compile boot.plist becuase of a "<" (that was not put in by me).

You don't need to add your Device ID to com.apple.boot.plist. You need to add it to NVDAresman Kext.

You need to install the modified bootloader via Terminal and then add:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

...to your com.apple.boot.plist

I'll try to put together some files for you later this evening (formatting 4TB at the moment...lol ) and I'll get back to you once I've got something together. :(

You don't need to add your Device ID to com.apple.boot.plist. You need to add it to NVDAresman Kext.

You need to install the modified bootloader via Terminal and then add:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

...to your com.apple.boot.plist

I'll try to put together some files for you later this evening (formatting 4TB at the moment...lol ) and I'll get back to you once I've got something together. :(

Thanks for the help.

Yes please that would be great someone needs to make this easy lol

i can't wait to get this working with my card

cheers guys

What card do you have?

GTX 470?

Anyways, I'm going to do a complete reinstall and see If that clears any thing up.

*Crosses fingers*

Alright.

I followed this guide.

booted back up, and it said something like:

boot0: (not sure what was here)

boot0: error

Alright.

I followed this guide.

booted back up, and it said something like:

boot0: error

Do you use a retail install or a iatkos install dvd or something?

Are you using chameleon as default bootloader or what?

When you are using chameleon since installation, then you have a boot file in your osx root hdd, this file you only need to exchange with the boot file in the i386 folder (maybe the file is invisible then you need a programm called changefinder google it) from this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=73128 and graphicsenabler in com.apple.boot.plist in extra. When have done all the rest from the instrutions (edit the nvdaresman with your devid you can see it in windows hardware manager or system profiler and copied the kext'sfrom the nvidia driver or installed it http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...wtopic%3D214219 then it runs) Maybe you need to clear caches with osx86 tools it's very easy)

:(

At first i didn't get it working but it was just a tipo in the nvdaresman and than i corrected the devid and now it runs without any problems so good luck

i hope i could help you ,but when you have done this alright i don't know whats wrong?

A noob guide for this card would be really sweet!

I have 50$ USD via paypal if someone can help me get my gtx 470 up and running

Do it like i have written it written for xandisx and it will work it is easy believe me

• 2 weeks later...
Do it like i have written it written for xandisx and it will work it is easy believe me

Man I did try but still no luck.. looks like i am back to winblows. :(

I cant even get the machine to install osx.. will not reboot after install.

x58a ud7, 930, 12 gig 1600, gtx 470 Gigabyte, sata blueray writer (could this be the problem?)

Would really love to get this running

• 2 weeks later...
Do you use a retail install or a iatkos install dvd or something?

Are you using chameleon as default bootloader or what?

When you are using chameleon since installation, then you have a boot file in your osx root hdd, this file you only need to exchange with the boot file in the i386 folder (maybe the file is invisible then you need a programm called changefinder google it) from this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=73128 and graphicsenabler in com.apple.boot.plist in extra. When have done all the rest from the instrutions (edit the nvdaresman with your devid you can see it in windows hardware manager or system profiler and copied the kext'sfrom the nvidia driver or installed it http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&x...wtopic%3D214219 then it runs) Maybe you need to clear caches with osx86 tools it's very easy)

:rolleyes:

At first i didn't get it working but it was just a tipo in the nvdaresman and than i corrected the devid and now it runs without any problems so good luck

i hope i could help you ,but when you have done this alright i don't know whats wrong?

I can't find the boot file.