AVID digidesign protools LE playback engine stuck at 1 CPU

cdickinson66

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I have 2 different Hackintoshes currently being used for audio production.

Both run Snow Leopard 10.6.4 almost Vanilla with a DSDT and Legacy HDA + Enabler for audio.

i7 920 CPUs

On the my Gigabyte X58A UD3R the about this mac reads:

1 Processor

4 cores

When I open Digidesign/AVID Protools LE 8.03.cs2 the Playback Engine is stuck at 1 Host Processor.

On my old PPC g5 quad it used to read 4.

On my ASUS Rampage Gene II , i7 965 hackintosh it reads 8.

Of course it is a drop down menu that you can select how many hosts the program is to use.

This Gigabyte is stuck at 1.

When I run Geekbench on this Gigiabyte at 64bit I score 12313.

And of course it read 1 processor, 4 cores, 8 Threads.

Can someone help me sort this out?

Any Protools users out there?

Thanks !

Hi Mate

Pro-tools still only has a 32bit audio engine, that could be your problem, there is a 8.0.4 coming soon, but that will still be 32bit.

I've got a Mac-pro dual quad core and I still need to run it in 32bit mode to have a fully working pro-tools, wouldn't;t expect a 64 bit any time soon.

Cheers

Nobby

[Edit]

Meant to say, boot with the flag arch=i386 and see if you get more than one core

Hi Mate

Pro-tools still only has a 32bit audio engine, that could be your problem, there is a 8.0.4 coming soon, but that will still be 32bit.

I've got a Mac-pro dual quad core and I still need to run it in 32bit mode to have a fully working pro-tools, wouldn't;t expect a 64 bit any time soon.

Cheers

Nobby

[Edit]

Meant to say, boot with the flag arch=i386 and see if you get more than one core

Hello everyone,

I would like some help. I intend to build a Hackintosh to work with Pro tools and Logic Pro and would like an indication from you about which MB to buy and also whether it is better or if it is essentially necessary to work with Intelicon14.gif

Thank you.

Hi Nelson

Can't help you much, all of my hacks have been laptops except one Dell XPS something for a friend. however I personally think your hackintosh life would be a lot easier if you stick with intel precessors and nvidia graphics, this forum is ace for info so just have search around for other peoples specs.

Good luck with the build, PM me if you need any help with Pro-tools/Logic

Cheers

Nobby

Hi Nelson

Can't help you much, all of my hacks have been laptops except one Dell XPS something for a friend. however I personally think your hackintosh life would be a lot easier if you stick with intel precessors and nvidia graphics, this forum is ace for info so just have search around for other peoples specs.

Good luck with the build, PM me if you need any help with Pro-tools/Logic

Cheers

Nobby

Nobby,

Thank you for your feedback. I will rely on Intel and NVIDIA-Graphics. The difficult in these cases is to remember that a Hackintosh is premised on being a cheap equipment. So when we find the components just choosing the "Extreme / Ultimate / Super ..." (Lol)

Thanks,

Nelson

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

I have 2 different Hackintoshes currently being used for audio production.

Both run Snow Leopard 10.6.4 almost Vanilla with a DSDT and Legacy HDA + Enabler for audio.

i7 920 CPUs

On the my Gigabyte X58A UD3R the about this mac reads:

1 Processor

4 cores

When I open Digidesign/AVID Protools LE 8.03.cs2 the Playback Engine is stuck at 1 Host Processor.

On my old PPC g5 quad it used to read 4.

On my ASUS Rampage Gene II , i7 965 hackintosh it reads 8.

Of course it is a drop down menu that you can select how many hosts the program is to use.

This Gigabyte is stuck at 1.

When I run Geekbench on this Gigiabyte at 64bit I score 12313.

And of course it read 1 processor, 4 cores, 8 Threads.

Can someone help me sort this out?

Any Protools users out there?

Thanks !

I'm running ProtoolsLE 8.0.3 flawlessly on 10.6.2

My Playback engine shows 4 processor (but I assign 3 to protools as it seams that it's better to leave 1 processor free to the system).

But, reading your post, if you have other hackintoshes working ok, I guess that there's some kext conflict or needed....

Best regards.