Can't boot Leopard installed on external hard drive

4 posts in this topic

*Woops, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, was suppose to post it in OSx86 10.5 (Leopard)*

I managed to install Leopard on my laptop using Leo4Allv4.1, then also managed to get Snow Leopard install. Now I am running from Snow Leopard.

I am trying to install Leopard onto my external hard drive, but I am having no success.

I booted into Mac from my PC. I completed formatted my external to MBR partitioning with Mac OS Extended Jourlaned. Then I mounted the Leo4All iso. I naviagted to /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg to start up the installation process. I installed it to my external hard drive, and the installation was successful.

I set my BIOS to boot from USB. Then I plugged in my external hard drive in order to boot into Leopard. But I can't boot into it. I keep getting errors:

boot0: testing

boot0: done

I also tried installing Snow onto the external using Hardknox's Guide. While booted into Snow (on my laptop) I mounted the retail snow dvd. I navigated to /System/Installtion/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, and started the installation. I installed it onto my external which had MBR partitioning with Mac OS Extended Journaled formatting. After installation was complete, I tried installing, Chameleon RC2, but it kept failing.

*Woops, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum, was suppose to post it in OSx86 10.5 (Leopard)*

I managed to install Leopard on my laptop using Leo4Allv4.1.

Now I am trying to install Leopard onto my external hard drive, but I am having no success.

I booted into Mac from my PC. I completed formatted my external to MBR partitioning with Mac OS Extended Jourlaned. Then I mounted the Leo4All iso. I naviagted to /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg to start up the installation processed. I installed it to my external hard drive, and the installation was successful.

I set my BIOS to boot from USB. Then I plugged in my external hard drive in order to boot into Leopard. But I can't boot into it. I keep getting errors:

boot0: testing

boot0: done

why are you trying snow leopard snow leopard is better and easyir than leopard

why are you trying snow leopard snow leopard is better and easyir than leopard

I also tried installing Snow onto the external using Hardknox's Guide. While booted into Snow (on my laptop) I mounted the retail snow dvd. I navigated to /System/Installtion/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg, and started the installation. I installed it onto my external which had MBR partitioning with Mac OS Extended Journaled formatting. After installation was complete, I tried installing, Chameleon RC2, but it kept failing.

Never mind, I got it working.

I created two partitions on the external hdd. First partition about 5GB and I restored Leo4All distro on to it. Second partition formatted to OS Extended Journaled. Then I downloaded OSX86 tools and used the Install EFI/Run FDISK feature targeted to the Leo4All partition, which allowed me to boot into the distro. Then I installed Leopard onto the second partition.

As for why Snow Leopard didn't work, I have no idea.\

Issue solved!