Mobility HD3650 external screen

Skyy

2 posts in this topic

So for a year I have Leopard 10.5.8 running perfectly fine on my TOSHIBA Satellite A300 now I want to use it with a external screen and I'm running into problems.

The laptop has a ATI Radeon Mobility HD3650 and it runs fine with QE/CI on the laptops internal screens 1280x800 native res.

Now if I connect my external Fujitsu XL3220T screen over VGA my Laptop gets utterly confused.

It outputs a extended desktop over both screens but both screens have a resolution of 1280x768. I can change the resolution of both screens but OSX now thinks the external screen is the internal screen and vice versa.

I can set 1920x1080 for both screens, then the picture on my laptop gets garbled and the picture on my external screen gets visually smaller but also very unsharp. It still reports a incoming resolution of 1280x768.

Anyone got a solution?

I DON'T even want dual displays, I only want my external screen to work as a main screen on 1920x1080 with the laptop closed.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
The laptop has a ATI Radeon Mobility HD3650 and it runs fine with QE/CI on the laptops internal screens 1280x800 native res.

can you please tell us how did you get it to work i spent months readings blogs and forums and can't find a solution i have the same graphic card and a toshiba p300 i will be really greatfull