GA-G41M-ES2L F6 - installation failed with reboot loop

15 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

I am trying, since two days, to upgrade my system to SL using a retail DVD. I am now running 10.5.5 w/o any problems. I have followed very carefully all the guides available here regarding this motherboard like the mini guide or tony's guide (usb key method).

Everything goes fine until I reboot for the first time and chameleon is loading for the first time. I can see the SL partition on the usb key but when launching, it is automatically restarting the computer and entering a loop.

I have try using another sata drive (with only one partition on it (always formated using GUID)), but it is the same.

There was always only one sata drive connected at a time and (disk0).

Here are my specs :

GA-G41M-ES2L F8

Pentium Dual-core 2,66 GHz (first generation)

800MHz DDR2 5-5-15 Kingston mem

Nvidia 8400 GS 512

Maybe is it related to dsdt patching or tumb drive patching. I have try different ways to do it (using Gigabyte G41M-ES2l Installer v1.4 or using DSDT Patcher). I have of course look for this problem using google but it look like I am the only one to encounter it.

Any idea?

I did again the installation but this time I used DSDTSE (with EXTRA folder) and EFI (with Voodoo9.5). I have succesfully installed the DSDT on the thulbdrive EFI partition and it is not going into a loop anymore. It is now stuck right after the bootloader message (14 Mb VESA...). The cursor in blinking and nothing happens (for 15 minutes).

I need help. Thanks.

You could avoid frustating other, specially if you are not competent.

The guide you are pointing at is well known but it is a MINI guide, can't you read?

Update my bios? It is the last one... Can't you read?

What about the files I have uploaded, no answer, no reaction, only stupid remarks.

It is already frustrating enought to spend so much time on this without having to stand these dummy answers. Better avoid this if you don't want to upset people.

So now, is there someone with knowledge ready to help me for real. I thing my problems are related to the type of cpu I am using (Pentium Dual Core), this would explain why I have mach_kernel error.

You could avoid frustating other, specially if you are not competent.

The guide you are pointing at is well known but it is a MINI guide, can't you read?

Update my bios? It is the last one... Can't you read?

What about the files I have uploaded, no answer, no reaction, only stupid remarks.

It is already frustrating enought to spend so much time on this without having to stand these dummy answers. Better avoid this if you don't want to upset people.

So now, is there someone with knowledge ready to help me for real. I thing my problems are related to the type of cpu I am using (Pentium Dual Core), this would explain why I have mach_kernel error.

You know what, I edited what I wrote, I was being a lil rude, I'm not like you. Sorry I was jus trying to help. Hopefully you can get a quick answer from someone COMPETENT and get it fix it fix. Anyways back to enjoying my hackintosh.

What does "MINI guide" mean to you? It's the instructions for how to install OS X Snow Leopard onto the exact motherboard you have. You wouldn't be pulling your hair out right now if you just followed that "MINI guide". Several people have worked together for several months now to come up with those instructions and the automated installer app for this exact motherboard. You could be enjoying your computer right now, if you weren't trying to reinvent the wheel.

What does "MINI guide" mean to you? It's the instructions for how to install OS X Snow Leopard onto the exact motherboard you have. You wouldn't be pulling your hair out right now if you just followed that "MINI guide". Several people have worked together for several months now to come up with those instructions and the automated installer app for this exact motherboard. You could be enjoying your computer right now, if you weren't trying to reinvent the wheel.

Totaly agree!

Stop spending your time with this kind of remarks, it 's useless. I have followed this mini guide several times and it simply does not work for me (as written before). BTW, it is written on the beginning of the guide that it's not a full guide. CAN'T YOUR READ (FOR CHRIST SAKE)?

Leave this post now and forever (tazito and friends).

Still looking for a helpfull hand...

Stop spending your time with this kind of remarks, it 's useless. I have followed this mini guide several times and it simply does not work for me (as written before). BTW, it is written on the beginning of the guide that it's not a fully guide. CAN'T YOUR READ (FOR CHRIST SAKE)?

Leave this post now and forever (tazito and friends).

Still looking for a helpfull hand...

This is a public forum, I don't have to leave, delete the post if you if you don't want me here.