Asus EN210 graphics card works native

10 posts in this topic

Hi, just wanted to share with you all that I tried other NVidia GeForce 210 cards and none of them worked properly, sometimes I got a black screen with graphicsenabler on, sometimes the desktop would work but start to freeze...

But now I tried Asus EN210 and it works with graphicsenabler=yes no black screen, perfect resolution, QE/CI on and it recognizes it as Nvidia 210 512 MB

So for those of you looking for a cheap build, this is the cheapest you can go using dedicated graphics natively. Do not try other GeForce 210 cards, i went through BFG, MSI and EVGA models of 210 and none of them worked. You can try different models, but i suggest you just grab the Asus one since its cheap and does a great job. Only thing is that it is not fanless. It is low profile though with a low profile bracket too.

• 1 month later...

great news, I hope it will work for me, because I could find only the silent type, without the fan, which is even beter, no noise

It works ! So big thanks to you dransiksucks for the share, I'm really happy with no noise from the GPU :)

Last question, what does it mean "graphicsenabler=yes" or let me correct the question, where can I make it on,or off.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I'm really a bloody beginner in this.

I have resolution matching my monitor (1920x1080), I can switch the translucent bar on, or off and turning the widgets on, makes that funny wave effect. But in the about this mac, the chipset model is not recognized and no word about QE/Cl, so I gues, there has to be some work done. Or is it only cosmetics?

So, can you explain it in some basic words /which I could understand :)/ ?

Thanks for your answer, any suggestions would be much appreciated

screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7618130/GPU_01.tiff

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7618130/GPU_02.tiff

My ASUS 210 Silent works well. But OpenGL and QE is so slow! What did you do do get it work?

Board is: GA-P55M-UD2 with Core i3

wie meinst du es, es ist so langsam? Hast du cinebench gemacht?

• 1 month later...
great news, I hope it will work for me, because I could find only the silent type, without the fan, which is even beter, no noise

It works ! So big thanks to you dransiksucks for the share, I'm really happy with no noise from the GPU :)

Last question, what does it mean "graphicsenabler=yes" or let me correct the question, where can I make it on,or off.

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I'm really a bloody beginner in this.

I have resolution matching my monitor (1920x1080), I can switch the translucent bar on, or off and turning the widgets on, makes that funny wave effect. But in the about this mac, the chipset model is not recognized and no word about QE/Cl, so I gues, there has to be some work done. Or is it only cosmetics?

So, can you explain it in some basic words /which I could understand :)/ ?

Thanks for your answer, any suggestions would be much appreciated

screenshots:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7618130/GPU_01.tiff

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7618130/GPU_02.tiff

Did you get it to work with "graphicsenabler=yes" ?

Do you now have QE/CI enabled? Visible in the about?

• 1 month later...

Hi, sry i have been neglecting to check the forum. I simply tossed in the Asus EN210 and it worked with just having graphicsenabler=yes in the com.apple.boot.plist file

I did not do anything else to get it to work, it just worked.. I am going to check to see if maybe they have new revisions of this card, might be a reason why some people cannot get it to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi thanks for sharing.

I just bought an ASUS GeForce EN210 (EN210/D15MD2(LP)/A) to quote the box. It has a fan.

This has DVI-I, HDMI, and VGA connectors and I'm running a pair of 1280x1024 monitors (DVI + VGA) using OSX 10.6.8.

Out of the Box, I got NO QE/CI :-((

However i was able to do an EFI injection and its now working nicely!

I have not tried the HDMI / HDMIAudio yet, but its next on my test list.

For those of you who have never done EFI injection before (like me), this guide has everything you need:

http://forum.netkas....hp?topic=222.0/

Just d/l gfxutil from there and follow the steps in the 1st 2 posts. The only thing he forgot to mention is repair permissions (with disk utility) after you've copied the modified com.apple.Boot.plist back.

Also, its advisable to backup your original com.apple.Boot.plist before you start!

For my DVI + VGA setup i chose: "VGA / DVI-I - BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=" from his suggested settings.

If i want 2 x DVI (using HDMI-->DVI cable), i've seen notes about output selection elsewhere (you set your machine up as a mac mini, i think), so if its not obvious, i'll post back here.