• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
xSuRgEx

sigmatel STAC9750T ac97 problems

12 posts in this topic

i cant get the ac97 sound to work with osx86

here is my board

http://support.packardbell-europe.com/supp...#Specifications

any ideas or is this chipset not compatable with osx86?

the SiS ICH doesn't entirely comply with the AC97 standards. some registers are swapped, and the samples are counted per bytes and not per samples.

that has already been discussed several times, so next time burden yourself with searching the forums/wiki first for *** sake.

thre is no need to sware @ me. I did search unlike some people do. and i coundnt find anything about my chip set. Thank you for replying.

Accroding to the HCL all my fellow inspiron 8600 owners have their sigmatel 9750 working, but i cant get it to.

I'm using Jas 10.4.6 install dvd

Please help

That's very strange that your audio doesn't work... I installed 10.4.6 Myz on my Latitude D810 and the audio, though it struggled at first, works perfectly! Actually, the system profiler doesn't recognize it and proceeds to tell me that I have no audio but iTunes and QuickTime both play sound beautifully.

alright I give up, my laptop is a Sony Vaio with a sigmatel on it, but, I can't seem to find out which version, can someone look at this link and tell me if any of the current sigmatel drivers being posted here are compatable with my model laptop ??

link: h**p://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFE550G&upd_id=2074&os_id=16

I have a Sigmatel C-Major (9750) on my Inspiron 9200. I do have sound but it sounds like a can because I think the subwoofer isn't working. I've been searching for a hack to the AC97 kext but have not found any.

Me too i have a problem with Sigmatel STAC 9750 ac 97, in a dell inspiron 8600 jas 10.4.8. Somebody can help me? Where can i find the right drivers?

Thanks a lot

I have tried many solutions but I can't seem to get my 9750 to work, os X doesn't detect any sound device... though it works fine in my windows partition...

i have a Dell Inspiron 9100, with a Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 sound card...i have sound, but it sucks...it needs a driver...where do i find it, and how do i fix it?can anyone help?