Turn on Atheros AG5007EG wireless network card

leochan369

4 posts in this topic

I have an Atheros AG5007EG wireless network card in my Acer Extensa 5620z. I have installed the kext okay, but the airport can never be turned on. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.4. Can anyone provide me some hint on this? Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I also have an Acer Extensa 5620z. I've tried for a couple of years to get the wireless (Atheros 5007eg) working. Sometimes I could, sometimes I couldn't. Mostly couldn't. I've tried Kalyway 10.5.2, iAtkos v7 and s2. Tried many different Kexts (yes I also used Kismac during all of my attempts). I've searched every forum out there. It isn't worth the effort to keep trying, so don't bother.

Go to eBay and spend $10 on a PCI-E Broadcom 4311 wireless card. Most of the OSX distributions offer the driver in the build. I installed iAtkos v7 and chose the Broadcom drivers for this card (43xx). After removing the Atheros and putting this one in, I booted it up, it saw the card but no network, rebooted and viola!!!!! It has worked consistently ever since! You don't see a light for the wireless ever, but it is working.

If you don't mind waiting for 14 days, I got mine from eBay seller 24okbuy . Had to ship from Hong Kong, but for $10 and free shipping? Well worth it! I now have a fully functional Hackbook! (Except for the on board camera, can't find a driver for the Suyin Crystal Eye cam).