ATI 4890 & 10.6.4 solution founded!

ytrox

36 posts in this topic

After trying a lot of kext's combinations i've find a solution with my ati card.

I'm not sure what i've did, but i think i have put atiframebuffer and atisupport of 10.6.3, my old ati4800controller (it was necessary for work on my 10.6.3 update, view netkas..), atiradeonx2000 (10.6.3 exotic patch...) and the rest untouched...

ah, another file is necessary, the legacyati4800.kext controller in extra/ext (still view netkas!!)

my package 10.6.4_ati_4890_ytrox.zip

10.6.7 framebuffer

Patched for DP support

ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip

After trying a lot of kext's combinations i've find a solution with my ati card.

I'm not sure what i've did, but i think i have put atiframebuffer and atisupport of 10.6.3, my old ati4800controller (it was necessary for work on my 10.6.3 update, view netkas..), atiradeonx2000 (10.6.3 exotic patch...) and the rest untouched...

ah, another file is necessary, the legacyati4800.kext controller in extra/ext (still view netkas!!)

my package 10.6.4_ati_4890_ytrox.zip

Are QE and CI enabled?

Here in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221438

moskivirit provided a solution to the same problem with a similar set of Kext's yet without the need for the legacy one in E/E, so amn't really sure it's needed up there.

The solution you are pointing to does not work for me.

The xext provided by ytrox works great for me.

Thank you YTROX.

My machine runs the 64 bit 10.4 kernel and I have 4890 ATI card.

So my two monitors work with max resolution and qe and ci - enabled.

Just curious, where did you get the kexts from?

Cheers !!!

Oh, and I did not use the legacyati4800.kext

The solution you are pointing to does not work for me.

The xext provided by ytrox works great for me.

Thank you YTROX.

My machine runs the 64 bit 10.4 kernel and I have 4890 ATI card.

So my two monitors work with max resolution and qe and ci - enabled.

Just curious, where did you get the kexts from?

Cheers !!!

Oh, and I did not use the legacyati4800.kext

mmh,as i've said i've got kext from 10.6.3 but ati...x2000 is patched. legacy4800 is only a little fix, i think is possible that your card works without it :)

ths for your files ,

i used this package on my hd4830 sapphire 512 with 2 dvi out but after reboot i have a blue screen , so i just used this fix and now i have qe/ci

Thank you ;)

HI fantomas 1, I've also an ati 4830 but it not works fine because its fun is freaky. it work only on leo. however on 10.6.4 i've no success also for the qe/ci and resulution (i continue trying to find a solution for its fun and alwais I pray for a true update.....). I've used also your pack..nothing.. ;)

Two questions: wich card you have (xfx, sapphire...)? where you have got fix for fix (topic)??

thank you :P

hi

finally my sapphire hd4830 dont be stable with your kext and my patch , i have a blue screen . I can start in safe mode but without qe/ci offcorse ! So when i restart again then it work greate , with qe/ci , but my snow leopard is pretty instable , why , i dont know !

if not , my sapphire work like a charm on 10.6.3 but with 10.6.4 not good . Wait and see , maybe netkas will do something for that .

i sorry for that guys ! by

• 1 month later...

thanks ytrox, i'll try your package.

My goal would be to achieve 10-bit support on my Eizo CG243W via displayport, to be used in CS5 and other apps.

In theory it IS possible, it was achieved with a radeon 4870 for mac .

The catalyst control center seems to be needed, i guess your package doesn't enable that, only bare support via kext.

maybe the 4870 mac "drivers" could be used and then changing the device-ID or so ?

Do you have any guess if such a thing is possible ?

installed the sapphire 4890 with your kexts

it is stuck on a blue screen and doesn't go into SL. :(

in safe mode it gets through but no QE/CI... :)

edit : after installing a fix for a fix, it gets into SL normally but sill no QE/CI :( :(

edit2 : after installing netkas early july fix, it now works with QE/CI :D

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221438

NOTE:

how to tame down the horrible 4890 fan ??

any chance to get the catalyst control center available ?

DISPLAYPORT does not work :) , only dvi (monitor goes to standby during boot) :blink:

any chance DP will b supported or any hint how to achieve this ?

which type of 4890 you have? I have a ''new edition'' and I will test DP as soon (vapor x seems to work)

DP works now

I headed out to Macrumors, read a lot of thread, installed dualdvi + natit via Zeus.

Now i'm trying to figure out if flashing the card could be nice, and try to modify the rom to have that damn fan running slower

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Graphics Update 1.0 causes black screen with my ati 4890. I suggest to backup kexts from 10.6.4 and reinstall them (kext helper etc.) just after update (do not reboot). It's absolutely, at my advice, unnecessary this update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any luck with displayport-packing 4890s & 10.6.5? Tried netkas and anything else I could think of...

Full system specs:

MSI CD-53 p55 w/ i5-750

Diamond 4890 with Dual-DVI and Displayport (using displayport to 24" ACD)

Drive is a 500gb seagate 7200.12, not that it should matter.

Thanks to anyone who can help out.

• 1 month later...

update 10.6.6 working without problems, just install netkas exotic package

Has anyone had any luck with displayport-packing 4890s & 10.6.5? Tried netkas and anything else I could think of...

Full system specs:

MSI CD-53 p55 w/ i5-750

maybe you must use active dp adaptor. as soon I will receive it. I give you something to know

Full system specs:

MSI CD-53 p55 w/ i5-750

install these files with kext helper (overwrite if necessary)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ysb3x068vduytl2

reboot with DP connected, should work

install these files with kext helper (overwrite if necessary)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ysb3x068vduytl2

reboot with DP connected, should work

ok, thank's. just today I have acquired dp adaptor. It doesn't works on 10.6.6, also 10.6.5. It works on 10.6.2 and 10.6.3 only with 10.6.2 framebuffer (netkas said that when 10.6.3 update was coming out). It seems that since 10.6.3 the dp support has been removed. I will try your kexts as soon as possible on 10.6.6.

ADC monitor will not work with dp adaptor (too adaptors!)

• 3 months later...