ATi Radeon HD 4550 Kext

Jadar

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm just wondering if there is any way to get the ATi Radeon HD 4550 PCI-e graphic card to work. I know I could put a string in the boot.plist to make the resolution right, but I would like to have QE/CI to play movies, games, etc. I've seen this page: netkas.org >> Drivers for Radeons 46×0/45×0/43×0 but didn't know if this gave QE/CI support, and the download link was not working. Is there any way to put the device id of the card into the ATIRadeonX1000/2000.kext or a kext for the card?

Here is a zip file I found around while looking my card for ATI RD 4850. Not sure if it will work for you, but try it anyways.

This might be a long shot, but try this too. The second package (NEW ATI 48x0 Drivers.zip) worked for my ATI Radeon 4850 with full acceleration. Try following these steps -

Based on the guide on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=155477

Boot with -s, and do the following commands:

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /system/library/extensions

rm -r ATI*

rm -r natit.kext*

Reboot with -f -v.

Run the installation package 7_radeon_hd_48x0_drivers.pkg

Replace it with files from pack1 (Radeon45x0_48x0.zip) if those contain your device ids. Use Kext Helper.

Open ATY_Motmot/Contents/Info.plist and make sure your device id is listed there somewhere.

Install ATY_Motmot.kext with Kext Helper

Reboot -f -v

Radeon45x0_48x0.zip

NEW_ATI_48x0_Drivers.zip

Do I have to install Snow Leopard first?

Yes you need to have 10.6.2 or later - but I would recommend you to try using 10.6.2 first, before doing further Upgrading-

On 10.6.2 install AsereBLN Booter + GraphicsEnabler Bootflag (do not use PC_EFI 10.6, it injects a non working FB), next step add Device ID into ATIRadeonX2000.kext + ATI4500Controller.kext - try different ways of connecting a display if your current one will lead you into black screen.

Before doing 10.6.4 system update make a back-up of ATI4500Controller, ATIFramebuffer & ATISupport kexts - you might want to reinstall those if 10.6.4 kexts won't longer work.

What Bootloader is currently installed to your EFI Partiton?

If it is either Chameleon v2 or PC_EFI 10.x - you just need to replace "boot" to change to AsereBLN

Thanks! I currently don't have anything on it but I was planning to put something on it.

edit: Can anybody please give me a link for a guide on how to boot the EFI partition?

• 5 weeks later...

I havent had the time to do this yet, so now as I look over this and get stuff ready, im getting confused :wacko: . I am not seeing how I can put my device ids into the Info.plist files. Could I get some extra help please? p.s. my card device id is 9540