(Guide) OSX86 on Compaq Presario CQ50 or any other machine

CrisJanz

6 posts in this topic

INSTALLING OSX ON COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ50-106CA (and i guess any other machine running VMWare to)

VMWare -> Native

Requirements:

1. OSX86 (you know where to get it- I did it with kalyway 10.5 Intel/AMD)

2. PartedMagic http://sourceforge.net/projects/partedmagic/files/

3. VMWare

4. Patience

Step 1

Giving access to your partition

Because Windows7 and Vista do block other programs to access your HD/Partition, you wont be able to install osx trough VMWare to your HD. To give VMWare access to your HD/Partition, follow these instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822653

(I think this one is a bit risky if you'r not careful, but i didn't have any problems, use common sense)

Step 2

Create a HFS+ partition with PartMagic

(Technically you should be able to skip Step2 once you have access to your disk and create a new raw partition in windows and formatted to HFS+ with the OSX installer, but i wasn't able to do it, so i add this step)

- Download the iso image and Burn PartMagic to CD and reboot your Machine with it

- Linux will load.

- Once loaded, select your Disk, shrink your volume and create a new Partition in HFS+ format

Step 3

Configure VMWare and install MacOS

- Once created your hfs+ partition, reboot machine in windows.

- In VMWare create a new VM (here is proper way to do it http://tinyurl.com/2vzhsf)

- Add your HFS+ partition (like this http://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_disk_add_raw.html)

- Insert Installation DVD (whichever you like) and start your VM with the DVD

- Fallow instruction from installer

- Be Patient

Hope this helps

Cris

Hello,

finally the miracle happened! I searched everywhere for a guide to install Leopard on CQ50.

I tried almost every distro Leo but all are fixed to the line "Loading +/...... HFS 4230a80" repeated twice.

Now before I wanted clarification on what you have done to avoid losing my Windows partition.

Then simply:

Active partition to allow VMware to install on a partition existential right?

I had already tried to install Leo on an existing partition with VMware but gave precisely the problem that you explain how to solve, namely the use of the partition.

Thanks for your help ..

EDIT: I have installed the Mac Os X with dual boot. The Darwin starts perfectly, I had to change the extensions.kext because the loader doesn't load the kext... So it loads the kext until the end, i see it because he arrives to Z folders but soon the grey screen with apple starts the pc restarts.

The same thing without Verbose Mode but at the begin when i press enter immediately restarts

There is a solution for this?

Thanks for help

EDIT: installation ok but at the the end of loading kext Leo shows me:

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

Patched DMI Table.

No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

Starting Darwin x86.

and restarts.

So I want to know what kext and components do you select at the installation and one solution for my problem if you have one.

Thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to install iDeneb 10.5.5 on an a Compaq Presario CQ5110F Desktop PC with the below specs. It installs all the way through, but when the computer reboots, OS X doesnt run at all. Can somebody please help me. Are there any drivers that I need to add to customization?

Base processor Athlon X2 (K) 7550 2.5 GHz (95W)

2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)Socket AM2+

Chipset GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Motherboard Manufacturer: PegatronMotherboard Name: M2N68-LAHP/Compaq motherboard name: Narra5-GL6

Memory Installed 3 GB

Speed supported PC2-6400 MB/sec

Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Hard drive 320 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm

DVD+/-R/RW 16X 12X +/-DL LS 12X RAM SuperMulti SATA drive

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm trying to install iDeneb 10.5.5 on an a Compaq Presario CQ5110F Desktop PC with the below specs. It installs all the way through, but when the computer reboots, OS X doesnt run at all. Can somebody please help me. Are there any drivers that I need to add to customization?

Base processor Athlon X2 (K) 7550 2.5 GHz (95W)

2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)Socket AM2+

Chipset GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Motherboard Manufacturer: PegatronMotherboard Name: M2N68-LAHP/Compaq motherboard name: Narra5-GL6

Memory Installed 3 GB

Speed supported PC2-6400 MB/sec

Type 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM

Hard drive 320 GB SATA 3G (3.0 Gb/sec) 7200 rpm

DVD+/-R/RW 16X 12X +/-DL LS 12X RAM SuperMulti SATA drive

Some one know? i have the same problem

• 2 weeks later...
Did you find a solution to your problem in the end?

I just tried this with my CQ60 but I do not get an option to select Mac OS X on bootup.

I think what you have to do is go into the BIOS and change what partition boots first. You then have to make the HFS+ partition boot before the Windows partition. Then you just have to go into BIOS and change what boots first every time you want to change OS.

Sounds the only logical option, unless you know of any other way that does the same thing. The most logical option would really be to change "boot.ini" from Windows, but obviously, the HFS+ partition does not display in Windows because it is not a format that Windows recognises.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan.