Time Machine issue

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a little issue with time machine when i try to restore my SL backup.

Restoring goes fine but the restored system won't start (i get "boot0 error" at boot)

I tried to reinstall chameleon booting up my computer via USB from the ideneb that i've installed on my external hd. After reinstalling chameleon on my SL partition when i try to restart the boot appears to be fixed but i get kernel panic relatives at INIT process (with a message like this "process 1 exec of /sbin/launch failed sourcedcode/xnu/xnu1504 bsd/kernel). i get the same KP when i try to boot my SL partition using the boot-132 cd.

what can i do to make works my restored backup? until now I always had to reinstall all over again.

Can you recommend an alternative method known works to backup/restore Mac partition on hackintosh?

thanks in advance

Hi,

I have a little issue with time machine when i try to restore my SL backup.

Restoring goes fine but the restored system won't start (i get "boot0 error" at boot)

I tried to reinstall chameleon booting up my computer via USB from the ideneb that i've installed on my external hd. After reinstalling chameleon on my SL partition when i try to restart the boot appears to be fixed but i get kernel panic relatives at INIT process (with a message like this "process 1 exec of /sbin/launch failed sourcedcode/xnu/xnu1504 bsd/kernel). i get the same KP when i try to boot my SL partition using the boot-132 cd.

what can i do to make works my restored backup? until now I always had to reinstall all over again.

Can you recommend an alternative method known works to backup/restore Mac partition on hackintosh?

thanks in advance

carbon copy cloner - but you have to reinstall chameleon anyways

Hi there,

this is pretty easy you just have to plugin your usb backup disk and simply do the following steps : you just boot from your retail disk or installation disk or whatever you have :( and then select your languages and then go onto the utlities tab where you have the apple logo on top of the screen and the last option of the menu should be : Restore from time machine bakcup. Follow the steps that will be shown on your computer

Good Luck !

PS : Feel free to PM me in case you need further help ! :euro:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there,

this is pretty easy you just have to plugin your usb backup disk and simply do the following steps : you just boot from your retail disk or installation disk or whatever you have :( and then select your languages and then go onto the utlities tab where you have the apple logo on top of the screen and the last option of the menu should be : Restore from time machine bakcup. Follow the steps that will be shown on your computer

Good Luck !

PS : Feel free to PM me in case you need further help ! :)

hi,

had 2 restore my complete HD from a TM backup, 2. I ran ideneb x5.7, tried 2 update 2 x5.8, but it didn't work.

I tried 2 get this option working via the ideneb install cd 1.51 10.5.7 and 1.6 10.5.8 lite.

Both hang up when I wanted 2 continue 2 go ahead 2 select the backup source. Simple clicking continue on the first screen failed. I am currently restoring my backup from an ideneb cd with v 10.5.3.

Seems 2 work sofar.