DSDT.aml cause kernel panic

9 posts in this topic

As topic. I have experienced a kernel panic ( i think it is related to cpu ) when Dsdt.aml is added to /Extra. My processor is AMD Quadcore based and running on 10.6.0 with a legacy kernel.

Has any one experienced such a case? could you please point out what might be the reason, sorry that i don't have a screen shot or the DSDT file. but i 100% sure the DSDT has no error or warning, and there was no modification made.

Appreciated your time, I can do a reinstall and get my DSDT dumped f that is necessary.

100% sure the DSDT has no error or warning, and there was no modification made.

If you didn't make any modifications to the DSDT then there is no reason to use it. Just delete it and be happy.

If you didn't make any modifications to the DSDT then there is no reason to use it. Just delete it and be happy.

True that, but i just don't know why it happened. Anything is conflicting or what. My laptop never had anything like it.

I did compiled it of cause. I even tried to fix the warnings and errors, however either way had got me a kernel panic. I think it has something to do with the processors, It is a quad core AMD. The DSDT might have some fix or modification on the processor, cus the debug indeed showed that the panic is related to processor