easiest install on a Acer Aspire 3623NWXMi

anarchy99

8 posts in this topic

im getting a Acer Aspire 3623NWXMi or at least i believe it is eathier way the features are:

- Intel® Celeron® M Processor

- 256MB DDR2 400 SDRAM

- 40GB hard drive

- Integrated DVD-Dual drive (DVD+/-RW)

- 14.1" WXGA (1280 x 800)

- Acer® CrystalBrite Technology

- Mobile Intel® 910GML Express chipset with integrated graphics

- 802.11b/g WLAN, 10/100 LAN, V.92 modem

ive been away for a while the last time i installed osx86 was when it was first really leaked and it involved cloning a drive or partition and all that and it was a hassle

what is the easiest way to install it now and can i install it on this new hardware of mine

thanks any info is appreciated

OS X performs really badly unless you have 1GB RAM. So first thing is upgrade your RAM.

You might actually prefer to buy a MacBook they arnt as expensive as you might think. Buy it with minimum memory and get 2GB from somewhere else, Apple charge £300 for 2GB and you can easily find 1GB chips for £50 (scan.co.uk if you are in the UK).

The Aspire 3623 or 3624 run OSX great. Upgrade the ram to 1gb to make it smooth and everything except the pcmia slot will work. If you use firewire, that will be a problem because there is no way to get firewire via a pcmcia slot working as the slot doesnt work. You will also need to either hook it up to an external monitor or use the laptop monitor hack (a $3 project) to get your screen to work. Otherwise than the problems listed above, it works great. And to answer your question, it will run any of the OSX up to 10.4.7, so check out Jas, Myzar, and the Goat. They should all be good.

plug it into an external monitor...

i haven't tried it yet a friend has it for the night because he is putting software he like onto a windows partiton for me to try but if its true

what causes this is there a patch to get around this