• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
mattkime

Installing Bluetooth - Dell 370 - nowhere to be seen!

11 posts in this topic

I've installed a dell 370 full height pci-e bluetooth card into my hp mini 311 but it doesn't show up in OS X or ubuntu. I'm running icelord's hacked firmware.

Is there anything for me to try or should I declare it DOA?

I have the kext installed now, but how do i rebuild my kextcache with HF5 installed?

thanks

(the dell card shows up under the usb device tree but doesn't provide bluetooth functionality.)

First thing first: I want you to know that I know you bought this off my recommendation so I promise I will help you get it to work.

Does the icon show up at all on your menu bar? Is your wireless light blue? If the wireless light is orange and you hit it, does it turn blue?

First thing first: I want you to know that I know you bought this off my recommendation so I promise I will help you get it to work.

Does the icon show up at all on your menu bar? Is your wireless light blue? If the wireless light is orange and you hit it, does it turn blue?

hah, thanks, I appreciate the help!

No, the bluetooth icon doesn't show up in the menubar. Further, system profiler says there's no bluetooth. Hopefully that confirms that its really not working.

Yes, the wireless light is blue and i can switch it. However, it doesn't seem to enable bluetooth.

The blue light sounds right, but no icon doesn't. Maybe it is bad. Mine works when the light works.

Maybe try using OSX86 tools to clean all your caches and reboot:

http://code.google.com/p/osx86tools/downloads/list

I don't think it is a kext though, instead I think that package turns on the bluetooth card to another "mode" that works with OSX...

Dell 370 supports wifi + bluetooth in os x?

There's no Wifi avaiable in the 370! ;-)