Almost Perfect -- Just Volume Control and Extra Keys...

2 posts in this topic

i have installed 10.6.2. everything seems to be perfect. iv patched files for my amd processor etc..

there are only 2 problems (kinda small though)..

1. i cannot change the system volume from either the volume slider on the status bar or the volume keys on my keyboard..it seems to move up/down a slot..but returns to the original position. i can only change the volume from sound prefpane in sys prefs. (On-board ALC662 Chip)

2. the extra keys on my keyboard..such as music keys, home key, mail key, etc. aren't detected. this is important bcoz butler would detect ALL these keys under 10.5.8 but unfortunately it dusnt allow me to do so under 10.6.2 due to non-detection.

Please Help!

My specs:

Asus M2N-MX SE PLUS

AMD X2 64 5200+

9800GT 512

2GB DDR2 RAM

PS2 KEYBOARD, MOUSE.

i have installed 10.6.2. everything seems to be perfect. iv patched files for my amd processor etc..

there are only 2 problems (kinda small though)..

1. i cannot change the system volume from either the volume slider on the status bar or the volume keys on my keyboard..it seems to move up/down a slot..but returns to the original position. i can only change the volume from sound prefpane in sys prefs. (On-board ALC662 Chip)

2. the extra keys on my keyboard..such as music keys, home key, mail key, etc. aren't detected. this is important bcoz butler would detect ALL these keys under 10.5.8 but unfortunately it dusnt allow me to do so under 10.6.2 due to non-detection.

Please Help!

My specs:

Asus M2N-MX SE PLUS

AMD X2 64 5200+

9800GT 512

2GB DDR2 RAM

PS2 KEYBOARD, MOUSE.

u can use a program called "USB Override" and assign pretty much anything you want to your fn keys