• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
dallicant

Blue Screen of Inactivity

2 posts in this topic

I ran into an odd problem this morning, and I thought I'd ask you guys for help.

When I turned on my computer, I waited for it to finish loading up (the period when the Apple logo is on the screen). Once it did, the screen went blue and just got stuck there. I waited for as long as ten minutes, but nothing seemed to happen. I tried restarting, turning it off and back on again, all without any result.

I can still use the Windows side of my computer via Boot Camp, but the Mac side is inaccessible. Any ideas what might be causing this, or how to fix it? I don't remember exactly what level of OS I had, though I know it's 10.5.something. Thanks.

Advertisement

Okay, just to update, I tried holding down C (while having the install disc loaded), but I just ended up with the same problem. When that didn't work, I rebooted the computer while holding down shift. I saw my desktop background appear, followed by a login window. I entered my password and waited.

Unfortunately, my login window just popped up again, like it's stuck in a loop or something. It keeps on doing this. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?