DarwinPorts

Guest User Name

7 posts in this topic

Guest User Name

Has anyone gotten DarwinPorts running? It tells me i need the X11 sdk from the xcode cd.

<noob>

Is this a special SDK from Apple or is it from opendarwin and available for x86?

</noob>

• 2 weeks later...

That means that if you have the full developer dvd (as opposed to just the vmware image install) you can install xcode off it, or you can download xcode off apple web site for free. Once you've installed xcode then darwinports should instal fine.

if you have installed from the vmware image then you might be a bit strapped for space, but there's plenty of other topics devoted to expanding your space (search expanding on this forum ;) )

Corona

Darwinports is running fine!

But: I get a strange error while compiling gimp2. Something with the assembler an the BREG register in a mmx function. Can somebody try to compile gimp2 an then post the result? Gimp1 is running fine. Same error when I try to compile xinelib.

Thanks for testing.

hmm, compiled from source, fallowed official instructions. Port update doesnt work. I fallowed all of their instructions for compiling from OS X and had not problems compiling. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...
hmm, compiled from source, fallowed official instructions. Port update doesnt work. I fallowed all of their instructions for compiling from OS X and had not problems compiling. Anyone have any ideas?

Go to Terminal and type export PATH=&PATH:/opt/local/bin and then hit enter. You didn't set the path properly with the --prefix option when compiling. I made the same mistake but no worries. When your done you should be able to type port and it will work.