Mac OS X 10.4.6 JaS - HFS+ partition error - Please HELP

Sonnyz

7 posts in this topic

I too am having this problem. everything goes fine with XP install with OSX and I set OSX Active with XP and Darwin Boot loader sees everything fine then I installed Vista on my 3rd partition and now when I set the OSX (Partition1) Active again it gives that "HFS+ Partition error" and I tried putting chain0 file in XP C dir and fixing that boot loader and it loads the vista boot loader no matter what I do and shows the OSX install but pulls the vista loader up everytime. Please help..

I also get the hfs+ error when trying to boot osx. I use acronis os selector. Can anyone explain exactly how to make the osx partition active? I went into the acronis disk director suite, and rightclicked on the partition. After that i clicked advanced, where i think the "set active" should be, but it isnt!

I only dual-boot, not triple, and i dont understand why i get the hefs+ error...

If you're not trying to dual boot and you're getting the HFS+ partition error message, than I have an easy fix. Get to a terminal and type "sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0" To get the the terminal you can either boot with an OSX86 install disc (like Jas or goatsecx) and wait for it to timeout (boot your install) or enter single user mode. Once you've executed the command it will ask you to confirm the operation. Answer yes and you should have no trouble next time you boot.