[HOW TO] ADI AD2000B Fully working

TimeShift

11 posts in this topic

I managed to get my ADI AD200B (P5Q-E) fully working, with input and output correctly detected on SL 10.6.3

Way #1 Updated:

Download VoodooHDA 0.2.62 (Found on ProjectOSX.com | by VoodooTeam)

Install with Kext Utility or Kext Helper (I prefer to use KUtility because it generates the cache after.)

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

* UPDATE NOTES:

19/06/2010 : Removed old way #1 and updated VoodooHDA from 0.2.52 to 0.2.62, with the new version the microphone dont have the wheezing anymore.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Doesn't working for me (SL 10.6.3 32bits).

Can you post your HDEF section from your dsdt?

Thanks.

I dont know but I think my kernel is booting on 64bits.

And I didnt modified my dsdt, I dont even have one :rolleyes:

EDIT:

No, my kernel is booting on 32bits.

post-421099-1273616415_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I managed to get my ADI AD200B (P5Q-E) fully working, with input and output correctly detected on SL 10.6.3

Way #1 Updated:

Download VoodooHDA 0.2.62 (Found on ProjectOSX.com | by VoodooTeam)

Install with Kext Utility or Kext Helper (I prefer to use KUtility because it generates the cache after.)

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

* UPDATE NOTES:

19/06/2010 : Removed old way #1 and updated VoodooHDA from 0.2.52 to 0.2.62, with the new version the microphone dont have the wheezing anymore.

Good luck!

are you able to get 7.1 multichannel?

i have installed 2.7.2 and if i put my pcm all the way up and my amp all the way up i can hear it. but only have 2 speakers firing.

Worked great....not.

I got a kernel panic, and a grey screen.

I cleared out the kexts, but now it won't let me do anything. This sucks. I can work with no sound...I can't work with no operating system. eff me.

EDIT

I reinstalled the entire OS with NAWCOM boot loader (the new version of empire EFI), and everything came up right away. I even heard sound, but its REALLY low volume! I have my speakers and all controls maxed out but it's still barely a whisper. I'll try reloading the kext you linked AFTER I take an image of the drive.

EDIT 2

Well this was strange. I tried intalling it again. When I restarted I got a kernel panic...again. After yelling and screaming for a couple minutes, I decided to try loading up my NAWCOM boot disk, but boot into my osx install. I got in, and reinstalled chameleon RC5. I restarted again, everything came back up....then I heard a LOUD *DOOT* when something popped up on my computer.

hmm...that was loud. I load up itunes and play a song, then suddenly im BLASTED with Lamb of God.

long story short, i installed your driver, got a kernel panic, then reinstalled chameleon rc5 and now everything works perfectly. I don't know...don't understand...but don't care because it works now. BTW...nawcom is awesome. Even though I probably didn't have to wipe and restart, I'm kinda glad I did.