• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
jsobeck

Parallels Question

8 posts in this topic

Can I install parallels on osx86 and have it recognize my already installed WinXP partition, or does parallels create a "virtual disk" within osx86? I'd really like to be able to boot into Windows without another installation. Has anyone done this?

parallels can boot a seperate hdd if you go into advanced when setting up a hard drive but seperate partition does not work that I know of

My heart leapt when I saw this....after having a play, its not so. Shame - I want parallels running on a separate disk...

That setting set whether the virtual disk runs as a primary master (0:0), Primary Slave (0:1), Secondary Master (1:0) or Secondary Slave (1:1) - this setting is there because some os's don't behave unless they see the HD or CD on a specific channel.

//R

You can copy the Parallels Virtual Disk Folder (ie WinXP.hdd ) to another partition or HD and run the set up again to select it with New VM.. It is located in Users/Username/Library/Parallels folder. I actually copied this folder and burned it to DVD to transfer Parallels/Windows XP to another machine.