Help Installing IOUSBFamily.kext

xandiztxu

4 posts in this topic

Any suggestions, I have here installed JaS 10.4.6 and my usb isnt working, but with 10.4.3 is working fine!!! I read that I needed that KEXT but when I used pacifist to install it I got kernel panic com.apple.IOUSBFamily... something more that I cant remember help me please!

Any suggestions, I have here installed JaS 10.4.6 and my usb isnt working, but with 10.4.3 is working fine!!! I read that I needed that KEXT but when I used pacifist to install it I got kernel panic com.apple.IOUSBFamily... something more that I cant remember help me please!

You must be getting the same error I'm getting, something to the effect of: "IOUSBFamily is unable to enumerate a USB device that has been plugged in."

What I did: Attempted to boot OSX86 installation disk

What I expected to happen: Reach installation menu, and install OS X

What did happen: Reached first installation menu screen, but am unable to proceed because mouse nor keyboard will move.

I'm using an Apple Pro Keyboard, model M7803, a USB keyboard. Does OSX86 have trouble installing with USB keyboard or mice plugged in? What can I do to get past this?

To install I got it by pluging my keyboard and mouse on ps/2 and searched on the board for the updated USB made by apple and got it working fine now, if u are having problem try using 10.4.3 version.

Thanks for posting that information. I don't currently have a PS/2 keyboard nor mouse; in fact, I just donated my last ones to Goodwill last week! Real smart, huh? Huh! I may have a USB-to-PS/2 adapter around here somewhere, though; perhaps that will work.

Thanks again.

To install I got it by pluging my keyboard and mouse on ps/2 and searched on the board for the updated USB made by apple and got it working fine now, if u are having problem try using 10.4.3 version.

Thanks for posting that information. I don't currently have a PS/2 keyboard nor mouse; in fact, I just donated my last ones to Goodwill last week! Real smart, huh? Huh! I may have a USB-to-PS/2 adapter around here somewhere, though; perhaps that will work.

Thanks again.