None of bootable images cd's work on 10.6.3 retail DVD

Konami®

7 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I bought a new 10.6.3 Retail DVD from the Apple Store and I tried all types of bootable cd's that are out there, including rebeil EFI and Empire EFI. I also created my own 132-boot CD and nothing work. Does Apple did something to block bootable cd's on the PC with the new 10.6.3 retail DVD? :blush:

Well what happens it's that rebel efi and empire efi (lastest version) tried to install SL but it stop after a minute and just stay there. The boot-132 that I created does not even recognized the retail DVD disk. I will try my last attempt with another type of bootable cd format and see it works. I will keep you informed.

Well what happens it's that rebel efi and empire efi (lastest version) tried to install SL but it stop after a minute and just stay there. The boot-132 that I created does not even recognized the retail DVD disk. I will try my last attempt with another type of bootable cd format and see it works. I will keep you informed.

You could try this Boot132 disc from here if you haven't already...

http://prasys.co.cc/2009/09/boot-132-for-snow-leopard/

The real problem is your DVD ROM, go and buy a new SATA DualLayer one.

The real problem is your DVD ROM, go and buy a new SATA DualLayer one.

I managed to install 10.6.3 on an Asus P5KPL-VM with an IDE DVD ROM with one of "Legacy" versions of Empire EFI so perhaps you should try those...

Just checked my discs and it was "Empire EFI V10.85 Legacy no Atom support" that worked on an Asus P5KPL-VM with SATA drive and IDE DVD