chris lopo

17 posts in this topic

I'm using OS X 10.4.7.

Here is my hardware:

Celeron D 326 (2,5 Ghz)

Intel D101Ggc

ATI x300 PCI-E

Pata 40GB 72k rpm

The sistem took a loooooooong time to install, to boot, to install and open softwares. I'm almost gaving up (at least for the next 3 months, when I will do a processor upgrade).

Can I do something to have some speed up?

how much DDR do you have and have you checked your hardware with the wiki compatibility lists?

Also, last I checked, and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but the only way you can install 10.4.7 is by upgrading from 10.4.6...if that is the case did you ever have luck with previous versions of osx86?

I forgot this detail: 1GB DDR400

1. How can I know if the system is using SSE3?

2. There must be something wrong. It tooks 2 hours to install.

I did the same kind of install in my computer at work (Dell 170L / Pentium IV 2,8 / 1GB DDR400), and it's beautiful there. Installation tooks 20 minutes.

Sorry for the late...

Praktiker: I did the changes in the bios disabling all kind of power option. No results.

kernalzero and Deviant0ne: I did it before install to be sure that the processor has the SS3 support. It also has EM64T.

Well... After trying to apply a patch for PATA driver following wrong instructions, my OS X is giving me nothing than "i/o error" now.

So I will collect every kind of information about Intel D101Ggc, ATI X200 Southbridge, ATI x300 PCI-E and how to be rich enough to buy a MacBook Pro and a Ferrari to build my dream O.S.

And, If everything ok, try to write my page on OS X86 history. :whistle:

Thanx!