Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
mattkime

HP 311 & NetbookBootMaker / NetbookInstaller

81 posts in this topic

I see Meklort's site is down again. I'm beginning to think we are chasing rainbows here on this thread. I don't even know what happened to the USB hard drive I had setup to run this, but I suppose it would not be difficult to setup another one.

And back up again it looks like. He had some hosting problems but NBI/NBM seems to be handling 10.5 seeds well. I'd still like to try to resolve the issues with the HP and NBI. For me at least, I think it's a better/simpler approach and has the potential to be useful to many.

pb

And back up again it looks like. He had some hosting problems but NBI/NBM seems to be handling 10.5 seeds well. I'd still like to try to resolve the issues with the HP and NBI. For me at least, I think it's a better/simpler approach and has the potential to be useful to many.

pb

if you'd like to help out just drop me a line. i worked with meklort to outline the main challenges to supporting the 311. they're not that bad, its just finding someone who has the knowledge and time. (unfortunately i lack the dsdt knowledge)

if you'd like to help out just drop me a line. i worked with meklort to outline the main challenges to supporting the 311. they're not that bad, its just finding someone who has the knowledge and time. (unfortunately i lack the dsdt knowledge)

I'm not that great with DSDT either, but what exactly did he say needed to be done to alter the current DSDT?

nbi/nbbm uses a system of patching the dsdt. i guess it CAN be fully replaced but thats not ideal. the dsdt we use is a long way from the built in dsdt.

if anyone is interested, pm me and i'll send you the rather long email thread.

nbi/nbbm uses a system of patching the dsdt. i guess it CAN be fully replaced but thats not ideal. the dsdt we use is a long way from the built in dsdt.

if anyone is interested, pm me and i'll send you the rather long email thread.

pm sent

Thanks!

phubai

I've admittedly been neglecting a look at the DSDT info meklort provided, but I did take a gander at his blog and it looks like he's getting busy again with another NBM which will work in conjunction with chameleon to modify kexts as needed rather than running NBI after every update. He's adding support for the GMA950 as well, but isn't seeing any hardware acceleration, and trying to figure out why. He indicates he'll have something out soon. I just haven't taken time to even begin looking at the information you've sent mattkime. I travel much of the time and often, the HPmini is my sole companion beyond my work machine which I can't modify without grief, so I haven't been willing to go through any experimentation that would leave me in a bind I couldn't repair easily. At any rate, this may be interesting to follow.

Meklorts Blog

phubai