question for intel 915gux mobo users

DiaboliK

6 posts in this topic

well a couple questions, first off ive got everything working fine in 10.4.5 and have 10.4.7 on another hd but due to stability ive stuck with .5

now heres my question, does anyone else get unexpected restarts? mosty when watching some videos or have multiple videos running?

its driving me crazy!! if anyone has the same problem or know the fix to it it would help a bunch!

*after a restart nothing shows in console about any faults*

I am just about to put together a system using the same motherboard, so I really hope that I don't experience the same problems and I hope you can find a fix, have you ever thought your system could just be overheating or you have a something set badly in the bios causing it to restart randomly because random restarts shouldn't be caused by os x......

Anyway how is the motherboard in other areas was it easy to get set up and working or did you have to install a lot of patches etc???

Peace

ShadoW

I have the D915GUXLK with the Gigabit ethernet. I have never expierience automatic restarts. I watch tons of DVDs all the time. My machine is super stable. Hope that helps. I don't know how you would fix your prob.

i know its not over heating problems cause ive been running it without a case just to check if it was that but it isnt.

hmm pondering continues.

the board is great (except for my problem.) not many patches needed. mostly just in getting the gigaLAN correctly configured. had more of hard time getting my WiFi working.

• 1 month later...

This is a little late...but I have had the problems with random restarts on this motherboard.

I have a pentium 4 670 processor...and I had no heat issues or anything like that....HOWEVER, after disabling Hyperthreading, all problems seem to have disappeared.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got an Asus P5LD2-VM with a Core 2 Duo E6400 CPU.

I too had random restarts, only under OS X. Under XP and Vista I could not make it crash. It too was under multimedia load - mostly watching videos.

I solved the issue by disabling ACPI 2.0 and ACPI APIC Support in the BIOS. Now it runs like a charm.