Lenovo U350

djcmix

51 posts in this topic

LENOVO U 350 - a beautiful 13.3 inch MAC AIR similar alternative.

Lets get the ball rolling on installing OSX

GRAPHICS : use the modified X3100 kext found on this site somewhere....i cant seem to attach it here.

Please continue with this thread if you know the rest.

I am going to try this tonight - apparently only LEOPARD runs atm ... which is fine with me provided it is 10.5.8

I need a detailed install guide here - complete with which distro and which patches/drivers installled/ticked on first installation.

The wifi issue seems to be on it's way to being resolved. INTEL 5100 ..... comments please...

• 2 weeks later...
LENOVO U 350 - a beautiful 13.3 inch MAC AIR similar alternative.

Lets get the ball rolling on installing OSX

GRAPHICS : use the modified X3100 kext found on this site somewhere....i cant seem to attach it here.

Please continue with this thread if you know the rest.

I am going to try this tonight - apparently only LEOPARD runs atm ... which is fine with me provided it is 10.5.8

I need a detailed install guide here - complete with which distro and which patches/drivers installled/ticked on first installation.

The wifi issue seems to be on it's way to being resolved. INTEL 5100 ..... comments please...

i was able to install 10.6.2 with "iPortable_Snow_x86_Installer_[MacOSX]"

good luck

good luck

Great News!!!

I am considering buying the Lenovo U350

But, before doing so I wanted to know if it was possible to install OSX on it.

Can someone let me know what would be the best tutorial to use for this purpose?

I did a search for Lenovo U350, but it did not result in much.

A search for Lenovo results in many hits and on the second page I found, finally, this post. Which indicates that it is possible to install OSX in this machine.

However, I wold appreciate some help and guidance.

Thanks

Robin

Great News!!!

I am considering buying the Lenovo U350

But, before doing so I wanted to know if it was possible to install OSX on it.

Can someone let me know what would be the best tutorial to use for this purpose?

I did a search for Lenovo U350, but it did not result in much.

A search for Lenovo results in many hits and on the second page I found, finally, this post. Which indicates that it is possible to install OSX in this machine.

However, I wold appreciate some help and guidance.

Thanks

Robin

I was able to install snow on U350

only with iPortable_Snow_x86_Installer_[MacOSX]

Iportable via google

I have 3 partitions one with Xp, an other with data, and the third with snow 10.6.2

i dont have the wifi, and video without QE/CI.

Else during the install for the first reboot i have to chose legacy_kernel

good luck

That's great news. Really looking into this but can you please share what works atm? Do you have proper graphics acceleration, sound and wifi? That would do it for me...

• 1 month later...
I was able to install snow on U350

only with iPortable_Snow_x86_Installer_[MacOSX]

Iportable via google

I have 3 partitions one with Xp, an other with data, and the third with snow 10.6.2

i dont have the wifi, and video without QE/CI.

Else during the install for the first reboot i have to chose legacy_kernel

Hi Toto

I have been trying to get the iPortable image... but, without success.

Googling it results in thousands of references.

But most are attracting users for payed download services... which goes against my objectives.

I found a site with direct download, but I had to download 14 parts of the file in RAR format. When I try to expand the archive and build the image I get the files 4, 6, 7, 10 and 13 as corrupted.

I tried to download these again and got the same effect.

Then I tried to go back to google search and then I get just the payed download service.

Can you refer a safe site from which I can get this file?

Or, if that does not work, can you let me know how can I create a bootable image from a Snow Leopard DVD? I bought one in a recent visit to the US... but, I do not have much experience..

Thanks

Robin

I have been trying to get the iPortable image... but, without success.

Hi all

Finaly, after some struggle, I managed to get the iPortable files and built the USB Stick following the document included in the RAR file.

However, when I tried to boot from the new USB Stick I failed miserably. I simply got what seems to be a prompt (kind of an underscore in the top left corner) and then it looks like frozen.

I am not sure of what I might have done wrong... but may be some of you could put me back in the right track.

The section "Install to USB STICK" esta' completa; as section "CopyCatX iPortable Snow x86 installation" - I did not get the problems mentioned in this section.

I did not proceed to section "Set bootflag with G-parted editor"... Is this section necessary to run agains the USB stick?

That is basically, where I am...

Thanks

Robin

Hi all

Finaly, after some struggle, I managed to get the iPortable files and built the USB Stick following the document included in the RAR file.

However, when I tried to boot from the new USB Stick I failed miserably. I simply got what seems to be a prompt (kind of an underscore in the top left corner) and then it looks like frozen.

I am not sure of what I might have done wrong... but may be some of you could put me back in the right track.

The section "Install to USB STICK" esta' completa; as section "CopyCatX iPortable Snow x86 installation" - I did not get the problems mentioned in this section.

I did not proceed to section "Set bootflag with G-parted editor"... Is this section necessary to run agains the USB stick?

That is basically, where I am...

Thanks

Robin

As you i don't use the section "Set bootflag with G-parted editor" for my usb stick, but actually i have some problems for booting from my hard disk, so i believie i will go back to 10.5

As you i don't use the section "Set bootflag with G-parted editor" for my usb stick, but actually i have some problems for booting from my hard disk, so i believie i will go back to 10.5

Toto

What do you mean you will go back to 10.5?

Were you successful in booting from an USB Stick prepared with iPortable?

Did you manage to get any other process, besides the iPortable, to hackintosh a Lenovo U350?

Thanks

Robin

Toto

What do you mean you will go back to 10.5?

Were you successful in booting from an USB Stick prepared with iPortable?

Did you manage to get any other process, besides the iPortable, to hackintosh a Lenovo U350?

Thanks

Robin

yes, with ideneb 10.5 on dvd, i manage to hackintosh U350, but with leopard i had problems with sound so i try to test snow with iportable, but now my boot is becoming a piece of luck, i boot 3 times and more, every time, with -v (verboose) option to boot so it is not very cool.

Currently running 10.6.3, installed using a USB DVD unit.

Working:

- Bluetooth native

- Network via AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

- Native resolution (without QE/CI) via this thread

Not working:

- Wireless (even though I have a Broadcom BCM4312 (14e4, 4315, 04ad14e, rev. 01)

- Sleep (still looking for a working enabler...)

Host Controller Location: Expansion Slot

Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBUHCI

PCI Revision ID: 0x0003

PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Also, Lenovo EasyCamera does not work (tested only in Photo Booth) but I guess if someone gets QE/CI enabled, then it may work.

i wil try iaktos with x32 to see if there is some better thinks

i download it

thank you very much

I try to boot with iaktos with usb but nothing??

MBR or GUID?

to install it i burn a dvd and i need to try to install it but i was wrong with the option so i will try with other install option

Currently running 10.6.3, installed using a USB DVD unit.

Working:

- Bluetooth native

- Network via AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext

- Native resolution (without QE/CI) via this thread

Not working:

- Wireless (even though I have a Broadcom BCM4312 (14e4, 4315, 04ad14e, rev. 01)

- Sleep (still looking for a working enabler...)

Cool

Can you please detail the process?

Or refer where I can learn how to do it?

I have Snow 10.6.3... Is it enough to plug an external DVD drive and boot from it using the DVD for Snow 10.6.3?

Do you have it dual boot?

Thanks

Robin