10.4.6.DVD.iso torrent unpatched? (4.37gb)

Bloggerman

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an ISO called 10.4.6.Install.DVD, which is 4.37gb, from a torrent site. This DL seemed popular, with 100's of people sharing, but I think it may be an unpatched version. It installs OK, but on bootup, a small 'off' symbol over the apple logo appears, with a grey screen. There's that small dial ticker thing, which keeps going, but no bootup at all. I've tried on 3 different computers, all with success in installation, just this 'off' symbol getting in the way. All drives/partitions in question are selected as 'Active', and now I think it may be an unpatched DVD, i.e for Mac owners only. :(

Any help greatly appreciated.

When it shows you the "Basic Installation" page, look to the bottom left, theres a button that says "Custom Installation" or something, click that and then on the page displayed find something that says something about Maxxus, or if you can't find it expand all the groups using the grey down arrow and find one that is the options for the patch. Now pick which one(s) matches your computer and install.

Bloggerman,

If you're talking about the WB, then I got the same DVD. It comes with the patches. I did the same thing as you. Instead of going to custum installation, because I was click happy, I installed it without the patches.

If you follow Groffy's instructions, you should be fine.

Cheers guys, after searching my drawers for a nail clipper, I found an old osx10.4.5, which could install, (I'd already tried it), and I have a 10.4.6 update (JaS), and the newest, 10.4.7 patch, which I installed. Now I'm back in dual boot mode madness. All I have to do know is get my mobilty radeon x600 to go before I purchase a copy of Logic Pro, to make some toons. Last time I tried to enable QE, and CI, it broke everything, and I gave up. Why can't there be just a nice install driver for them?

Big Ups to al, in this hakcintosh community.

I have this 10.4.6 unpatched DVD. Tried (uncessfully, thanks to a click on the wrong drive) to update my 10.4.5 using this ISO at my job. At home I tried to install natively, of course won't boot after install.

So, at home, I had to install 10.4.5, update this using a tip posted on this forum, and then install the Jas 10.4.7 update. Everything is going ok, but verryyyy slowwwwwwwwww because of my hardware (Celeron D 326 2,5Ghz, Intel D101Ggc, Ati x300 PCI-E).