Installing OS X on HP DV6t Quad Core help needed

1 post in this topic

I got a new HP laptop around the release of Windows 7, a HP DV6t. My laptop has the Quad Core Core i7 Mobile 820 processor at 1.73Ghz. I've tried a couple of times to install OS X Snow Leopard on here but I've been having many issues. I'm a complete N00B at this and on my old HP laptop, a Core 2 Duo laptop, it seemed to be a LOT easier to install OS X. It seems to me that the iDeneb Distro seems to be much easier to install but I'm wondering if Snow Leopard is really worth it. My computer's specs are:

Core i7 820 1.73Ghz

NVidia 230M

Broadcom b/g (Windows doesn't say the model but I think system profiler said it was a 4312 but I don't remember)

Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

IDT High Definition Audio

Synaptics Touchpad

A63WYW5E IDE Controller

I think those are the important specs and I apologized if I missed something.

When I installed Snow Leopard last time, I had no WiFi for whatever reason, and the driver I used on the Leopard Distro would mess up my installation somehow. When I launched OS X in verbose mode, it would load everything and then the screen would keep on blinking an underscore looking character; it was very weird and made my installation useless. As N00Bish as this might sound, can someone help me out with this? I have a custom computer from the HP website (for the DSDT or whatever) and I don't have a second partition or an external hard drive to use. The closest thing I have to an external HD is an 8GB thumb drive. I also don't have an existing OS X computer to use so anything I would do would need to be off this computer. I have restore discs and such in case I need to reinstall Windows so I can try things out numerous times without worry. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help or point me in the right direction. Thank you :-)